• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

727 tranny pans

Gldwing57

Local time
3:30 AM
Reaction score
68 Charger with 727.. not sure what year tranny is..but had a leak in gasket and pan rough shape ( like in bent and mangled some.
Fixed best I could but still got a problem so I figured I'd just replace pan and maybe put one just a little deeper on it.
Anyway my questions was the pan design on the 727 ever changed overhead years?
Thanks..
Patrick

But, you can buy a later model in the deep style-think trucks. Or get a Mopar Performance or several aftermarket units.
Mike

PAN.jpg
I've been using a DORMAN 265827 pan on my 727s for years now, it allows you to have more fluid to help with cooling, and it has a drain plug too. I added a small magnet to the bottom of the pan and a filter extension, all for under $50.

125 inch pounds. Use an inch pound wrench. a ft lb wrench is not accurate at that low of a setting.

View attachment 1259162 I've been using a DORMAN 265827 pan on my 727s for years now, it allows you to have more fluid to help with cooling, and it has a drain plug too. I added a small magnet to the bottom of the pan and a filter extension, all for under $50.
Thanks sounds like what I need..

I went with a cheaper chrome pan with a drain off amazon this winter and ended up having to tweak it a bit to get it flat and also had to invest in a better gasket to get it not to leak. IMO these are too thin and flex too much even if you sneak up on the torque. I did manage to get it to work out, but the Dorman or other name brand may be the better way to go and the way I would go if starting over today. I should have come here first, but we all have to learn the hard way sometimes.

Whatever you do don’t buy a chrome pan. Matter of fact chrome nothing when it needs to seal something. Chrome sucks for that.

Auto Transport Service
Back