• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

727 valve body disassembly photos

themechanic

Oklahoma is OK
Local time
5:08 AM
Reaction score
Installed a Transgo TF-2 kit and documented the disassembly with these digital photos.

It helped out on re-assembly. Cheers.
IMG_0066.jpgIMG_0067.jpgIMG_0068.jpgIMG_0069.jpgIMG_0070.jpgIMG_0071.jpgIMG_0072.jpgIMG_0073.jpgIMG_0074.jpgIMG_0075.jpgIMG_0076.jpgIMG_0077.jpgIMG_0078.jpgIMG_0079.jpgIMG_0081.jpgIMG_0082.jpgIMG_0083.jpgIMG_0084.jpgIMG_0085.jpgIMG_0086.jpgIMG_0087.jpgIMG_0088.jpgIMG_0089.jpgIMG_0091.jpg

Nice work. I see you got the later valve body with the part throttle kickdown. Those are nice.

Good photos. Valve bodies are really not that complicated. Between the instructions that come with the kit and the photos you have it covered. A factory service manual is a good thing to have too. One of the most important things is to keep everything clean, clean, clean. Did I say clean enough times?

Looks like fun. Thanks for sharing.

I wonder if keeping everything clean would be a good idea while your working on it??? :rolling:

We used 2 new cans of carb cleaner and a leftover can of CRC mass air flow sensor cleaner and about half a roll of those blue shop towels. Is that clean enough? :angel8:

Man that CRC stuff works 10X better than regular crab cleaner!

You're kidding about the carb cleaner, right? Either way, soak the parts in atf. That should get rid of most of the cleaning agents.

Thanks for the info. I have the very same kit waiting for my attention...things need to be clean if I understood it correctly...:icon_cheers:

The kit has two options: 1) Street\strip and 2) full race. We went with street.

A little trick we used to hold the balls in place on assembly was vasoline (Youguessed it, the clean kind). Nice and sticky until it gets hot.

I have a later valve body with a B&M kit in already in it. Can I install that into a 69 trans without any major issues?

Auto Transport Service
Back