• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73-74 Roadrunner/Satellite carb to hood clearance?

74sundance

Local time
11:33 PM
Reaction score
Hey everyone just wanting to know how many inches are between the top of a carb (where the air cleaner sits) to the hood.On a stock 440 in a 73-74 Roadrunner/Gtx/Satellite with the power bulge hood.
I'm worried my new set up will not clear the hood.My K&N air cleaner sits level with the cowl.

engine install 014.jpg

engine install 016.jpg

engine install 014.jpg

engine install 016.jpg

Ive got an Air Grabber set up on mine and with an Edlebrock Performer 440 manifold, I still had to drop from the stock 2.75" air filter to a 2.25" to get it to clear.

You've got the biggest air filter I've ever seen there

Ive got an Air Grabber set up on mine and with an Edlebrock Performer 440 manifold, I still had to drop from the stock 2.75" air filter to a 2.25" to get it to clear.

You've got the biggest air filter I've ever seen there

Ha ha yeah I know,I do have a drop pan hiding under that filter that helps move the filter lower. I have a power buldge hood and I know it will clear near the fire wall,it's the sloped part or the hood I worrie about.

I tried the fitment of the hood today and the air cleaner clears :) but the distributor doesn't ha ha oh well.

I tried the fitment of the hood today and the air cleaner clears :) but the distributor doesn't ha ha oh well.

when i read this post the otherday i was wondering if you were asking about clearance for the distributor!didnt think it would fit..

Auto Transport Service
Back