• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 BB pos battery cable

Master Gunner

Accelerati Rapidus Maximus
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:23 PM
Reaction score
Trying to find a positive battery cable for the Runner, but all I can find is concourse quality cables. My old one works but looks kind of rough, and this is a driver. Anybody got any sources, don't want a universal, and would like the correct style.

Mark

Evans wiring is where you will find o factory correct replacement for a great price.

When I did my restoration Evans did not have one so I took my old beat up one, took lots of pics and sent them to a fellow who made me one. He since has either stopped doing them or passed as I have not been able to reach him. He was in or near Pittsburgh.
Evans may be your best bet now, great guy and very easy/nice to work with.

We played phone tag last night, I'll try again after work. Thanks for the heads up on him!

Mark

Also remember that BB and SB are 2 different cables..

Vans appear to have one for big block. The connection to the relay looks about the right length since 70 and up È bodies are rhe same engine compartment as a 71 and up b body
Positive Battery Cable Harness Big Block Mopar 1968-1970 B-Body & 1970-1972 E-Body
I used one of those cheap ones years ago. It said not to use with mini starter which is what I had. I figured pffft, what’s the big difference. When I turned the key to start, the cable started smoking at the battery terminal crimp and wouldn’t crank. If they build them that close to failure, I would even use it on my lawn mower.

If it’s just your terminal that’s rough, cut it off and solder on a new one. They make good quality copper terminals with solder and flux installed. All you do is heat it up until the solder melts, insert the cable, then use dual wall heat shrink. Done.
Straight Barrel Fusion Battery Terminals - Positive
In case you don’t know, positive and negative are different sizes, negative is smaller, be sure and get the right one. Napa sticks them.

If someone needs them, I can send pics of my old one with lengths.

Auto Transport Service
Back