• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 Charger SE Spare wheel query

Chargerjase

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:40 PM
Reaction score
I currently have no spare tire with my car and would like to purchase a factory original. The broadcast sheet says spare tire 60. It originally came with 14 x 6 road wheels, but not sure if the spare was also a road wheel rim or a plain black type. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jason

Attachments

• Spare Wheel Code.JPG
    Spare Wheel Code.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 374
The spare would be a plain steel wheel painted black, with more than likely a F70 15 tire.

A 15" spare on a car that came with 14x6 wheels?

Interesting.

A 15" spare on a car that came with 14x6 wheels?

Interesting.

Wasn't paying attention wisenheimer...:icon_eyes:

F70 14 tire...

The 65 is for a road wheel PN#3580065, 1972-74 B-body, 14x6.0 Road Wheel Class 2
The TX8 is the color of the spare wheel (the best I can find says black, even though TX9 is normally black)
Ther 60 is for the spare wheel PN#3580060 (or #3621954), 1972-74 B-body, 14x6.0 stamped steel wheel

I might have one or more of those wheels, if the OP is interested.

Oh, it's you.

Too bad we didn't hook up last month.

I just sold/gave away a crapload of 73/74 Charger stuff.

I still have some left, but not nearly as much. What else do you need?

If you're currently "in country" you should consider coming to Don Garlits in Ocala this weekend.

Shouldn't be more than an 8 hour drive for you. I'm 2 hours South and can be in New Orleans in 10 hours.

Would love to, but unfortunately not "in country". Pity about the spares. Can't win em all I guess LOL. Did you pick up my PM about the intake?

I've had a rough few days.

Drove to Orlando to look at a Duster- didn't pan out, then to Haines City three times to look at two Dusters, and a D150.

I went a final time intending to buy the truck, and the thermostat housing on my Dakota corroded through.

Limped home via the parts store and a couple cool down/fill the rad cycles, and got it fixed by 9:00 pm for work today.

Whew.

Still haven't loaded my trailer for Garlits, either.

Oh, yeah, been to two concerts as well, and there's Halloween on Thurs....

can I get a proactive "whew" on that?

Yep, there is a big WHEW for you. Man sounds rough. Like I said, no problems from my end just wanted to touch base. Check out your PM's as I sent you one with regards to a heater manifold. I don't know if you have one but worth a shot.

It ends well, though...so far.

I went back and bought the D150.

It has a running 69 440 and a manual trans.

$800 and the step side bed is clean.

Just got it home an hour ago.

Auto Transport Service
Back