• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

74 Charger Rallye 440 TX9

Rear Belt moldings are installed and the outer cat whiskers. They are top quality Top Cat but the clips were just off enough that I had to lenghten slots to allow them to snap in. I spent 3 hours fitting the rear two cat whiskers.

IMG_2700.jpg
IMG_2701.jpg

Rear Belt moldings are installed and the outer cat whiskers. They are top quality Top Cat but the clips were just off enough that I had to lenghten slots to allow them to snap in. I spent 3 hours fitting the rear two cat whiskers.

View attachment 1375569View attachment 1375570
Had the same issue with my whiskers from Top Cat. They worked perfect though.

I did the sail panels today. I pressed the staples into the cat whisker then drilled tiny holes where they will go in. This made pressing them in easy. I also had several cracks and one piece broken completely off. I used JB Weld 2 part plastic epoxy to do the repairs. All cleaned u and ready to go back in after the headliner.

IMG_2706.jpg
IMG_2707.jpg
IMG_2708.jpg
IMG_2709.jpg

Injured my shoulder earlier this week so I had to find easier things to work on. The seat belts were a dirty mess so a soaking in simple green and a good rinse made them look great. The rear package tray was faded real bad but otherwise in good shape. It cleaned up good and a few coats of SEM Landau black brought it back to life.

IMG_2719.jpg
IMG_2720.jpg
IMG_2721.jpg

IMG_2722.jpg

Great looking car!!!

Welcome to the quad tx9 Charger club!

I bought mine with out knowing it was quad black as the car had a repaint and had no stripe. When I got her home in 2001 I decoded the fender tag to find that it had an extra tx9.

Oh, I too have U code 440!

Some rare cars still out there.

Can’t wait to see your car when it’s finished.

71 is pretty much done so I can shift my focus on this one for a while. Interior is almost gutted. I removed the dash this morning and got it on my stand. Pulled the Heater box so it can be rebuilt.

IMG_2780.jpg
IMG_2781.jpg
IMG_2782.jpg
IMG_2796.jpg

My 73 Charger was an SE originally,I converted it to the standard Charger roll up quarter windows

20171102_074610.jpg

20171102_074632.jpg

I really like that dash stand. That is a great idea.
I just screwd some 2x4’s together with casters to move it around. Worked well for the 71 so I kept it.

Got the dash stripped down and welded up the screw holes from the aftermarket gauges.

IMG_2801.jpg
IMG_2802.jpg

Weather cooperated today so I was able to get the dash frame prepped and sprayed. Getting the gauges up to speed. The ammeter was smoked so I ordered a voltmeter that I will integrate in the original spot. Also painted the needles.

IMG_2806.jpg
IMG_2803.jpg
IMG_2804.jpg

Sweet! Did you buy that speaker adapter/mount or make it?
Bought it from turnswitch. They don’t have them on their website but I emailed them and they sold me a couple for $11 each.

I got the gauges done and installed. Since the ammeter was smoked and I did not have a spare I converted it to a voltmeter. The writup on how I did that will be posted in the 71-74 forum. Everything cleaned up nice. I used Molotow liquid chrome on the bezel faces along with the AC vents. Pretty satisfied on how they came out. Installed the RTE limiter and cut the gauge ground off the old limiter since the new one did not have the ground provision.

IMG_2816.jpg
IMG_2822.jpg
IMG_2839.jpg
IMG_2842.jpg
IMG_2843.jpg

IMG_2841.jpg

More dash work. Dissembled, cleaned, and tested the heater/AC controls. It was in good shape other than the lettering yellowed, and the knobs were cracked and the chrome peeling. The arms were freshened up with some zinc paint. Polished some spare knobs I had along with the blower switch. The decal was brittle but some 3M 38987 adhesive made short work of it. The same stuff I use to clean up glue over spray when doing vinyl tops.

One cleaned up I painted the chrome outer edge then applied the new decal from Premium Dash Decals, assembled and installed.

I also installed the AM/FM Gary Tayman converted for me. This one has all the features including bluetooth and amp outputs.

IMG_2849.jpg
IMG_2851.jpg
IMG_2853.jpg
IMG_2854.jpg
IMG_2856.jpg
IMG_2857.jpg
IMG_2858.jpg
IMG_2859.jpg
IMG_2862.jpg
IMG_2864.jpg

More dash work. Dissembled, cleaned, and tested the heater/AC controls. It was in good shape other than the lettering yellowed, and the knobs were cracked and the chrome peeling. The arms were freshened up with some zinc paint. Polished some spare knobs I had along with the blower switch. The decal was brittle but some 3M 38987 adhesive made short work of it. The same stuff I use to clean up glue over spray when doing vinyl tops.

One cleaned up I painted the chrome outer edge then applied the new decal from Premium Dash Decals, assembled and installed.

I also installed the AM/FM Gary Tayman converted for me. This one has all the features including bluetooth and amp outputs.

View attachment 1399128View attachment 1399129View attachment 1399130View attachment 1399131View attachment 1399132View attachment 1399133View attachment 1399134View attachment 1399135View attachment 1399137View attachment 1399138
Very nice!

Auto Transport Service
Back