• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

74 satty front brake pad install HELP!!

joekickass

Local time
8:24 AM
Reaction score
ok ive been away from the forums for a while but I have a problem, I need to know the way the pads slip into the caliper, I think oreillys gave me the wrong pads but they swear that they are the correct ones, of course I took the k-member apart a few weeks ago too rebuild it so I don't have the old pads anymore...unfortunately...I guess I wont be doing that again! haha
thanks, larry

yes, and nobody seems to have them,i found one of my pads and took it in to prove it, and they searched. the a$$ wipe at napa told me that they only made the pin style on those cars so he ordered a set in, I guess I will see if they are correct

Well, i ordered my pads from advance auto, and they were the correct pads(pin type)...not sure if you have advance up there :)

74 was a changeover year.

Early cars got pins, late cars sliders, IIRC.

Sliders are relatively easy to find and you can get a ceramic pad.

Pins- not so much, but not terrible.

I bought a case on ebay for what ended up being less than $4.50 per set of four.

Try rockauto.com, they have pics (and not just generic pics like other sites).

...and yes, Advance can get them (pin type pads), even reman calipers complete with new pins!

Auto Transport Service
Back