• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

75-76-77 B-bodies

magnum GT XS22L9R,,the headlights and turn signil are out of a white freightliner we had setting around. Super77se,turn it into a two door? naw,,BUT did give it serious thought about chopping the roof a couple of inches..BUT that was deamed way to much work with the curved glass,,besides everyone thinks it's choipped all ready.

it looks like a couple of 75-77 charger or cordoba doors would follow the same body lines. that would truly be bad ***

it looks like a couple of 75-77 charger or cordoba doors would follow the same body lines. that would truly be bad ***

Sometimes a simple change like doors can make all the difference. I am debating on keeping my Magnum doors or look for a set of factory Cordoba doors.

this is one of my projects,,a 78 dodge monoca wagon. it'll have a 440 with the cross ram,,4 speed and 8 3/4 rear end with 3/91 posi in it. hopwe to get back on it soon.

you should have a build thread for this one if you don't already

79's too ?

Figured I'd throw my bone stone stock 300 in here.one thing I noticed is different steering wheels. Maybe because of tilt wheel ? It has a 300 emblem in the center of the wheel.

Attachments

• IMG_1689.jpg
    IMG_1689.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 483
  • IMG_1692.jpg
    IMG_1692.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 493
Last edited:
All these pics of later B-bods is making me want one again. Although my dream car at the moment is a wing car, Daytona or Super Bird (clones of course), followed closely by a '71 Charger, a later B would make a great cruiser. But which one? There was a white and gold '75 Road Runner in Windsor on Kijiji that I waited too long and now the ad is gone. A blue on blue '77 Charger Daytona would be cool. Try and find one with T-tops. A '78 or '79 Magnum GT would be great especially red on red with T-tops. And I've always been a fan of the '79 300. Who doesn't dig the red leather interior? And now that I've seen pics of them with T-tops :headbang:........ I'll take anyone with buckets, console, a/c and power windows. I'm not asking for much am I?

Wylde1.

Figured I'd throw my bone stone stock 300 in here.one thing I noticed is different steering wheels. Maybe because of tilt wheel ? It has a 300 emblem in the center of the wheel.

Mine is non Tilt and has a 3 spoke steering wheel.

Since it was such a nice day here today, and since I was out cleaning the garage, and since I haven't posted any pics of the updates on my ride for almost a year, I decided to snap off a few pics. The pics aren't great, and she's a little dirty, but you get the idea.

First is the newly fabbed billet grille and intercooler air dam. The sun was shining directly into the grille, normally the rad support stuff back there isn't nearly so noticeable through it. Also of note is that the front is riding way high because of the pulled engine right now. (A whole other story.)

The second couple are of the custom rear spoiler. I know I may catch hell for it, but I think it gives the car an even longer, lower profile. I was going for something of a hybrid of drag style wing, but smaller and more laid back like a Nascar spoiler. I think it is a nice mix of those.

Next is the rearend swap that I had talked of in some other threads a while back. It's a Strange 60 with a spool and 3.54's. I also went with some CalTracs bars, mono-leaf springs, and adjustable shocks. Some custom fabbed brackets enabled me to retain the stock rear swaybar.

The next two pics are of the Wilwood brake setups with powdercoated calipers, front and rear.

Next is an interior shot, since out of all the other photos of my car on here, there weren't any of the inside. It shows some recent additions such as a few new gauges in the dash panel, a new shifter, stainless door bar guards, and a fire extinguisher.

Last but not least, is a small view of the new 8-point roll cage and 5 point harnesses. As you can see, my cage builder now hates me, as I insisted on keeping the stock buckets and rear seat. Sorry pal, they are just too damn cool to change! LOL! Coming soon are some slots in the seats for the shoulder and crotch straps to pass through.

Sorry such a long post, but as I said, it's been a while and there are quite a few updates. Oh, who am I kidding? With the weather changing now, I am getting the fever, and I was just looking for an excuse to pull the cover off of it and stare for a while! :icon_biggrin:

Attachments

• charger grille.jpg
    charger grille.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 460
  • charger r spoiler 1.jpg
    charger r spoiler 1.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 730
  • charger fr whl.jpg
    charger fr whl.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 464
  • charger rearend.jpg
    charger rearend.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 466
  • charger r spoiler 2.jpg
    charger r spoiler 2.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 740
  • charger r whl.jpg
    charger r whl.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 470
  • charger int 1.jpg
    charger int 1.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 469
  • charger int 2.jpg
    charger int 2.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 469
Since it was such a nice day here today, and since I was out cleaning the garage, and since I haven't posted any pics of the updates on my ride for almost a year, I decided to snap off a few pics. The pics aren't great, and she's a little dirty, but you get the idea.

First is the newly fabbed billet grille and intercooler air dam. The sun was shining directly into the grille, normally the rad support stuff back there isn't nearly so noticeable through it. Also of note is that the front is riding way high because of the pulled engine right now. (A whole other story.)

The second couple are of the custom rear spoiler. I know I may catch hell for it, but I think it gives the car an even longer, lower profile. I was going for something of a hybrid of drag style wing, but smaller and more laid back like a Nascar spoiler. I think it is a nice mix of those.

Next is the rearend swap that I had talked of in some other threads a while back. It's a Strange 60 with a spool and 3.54's. I also went with some CalTracs bars, mono-leaf springs, and adjustable shocks. Some custom fabbed brackets enabled me to retain the stock rear swaybar.

The next two pics are of the Wilwood brake setups with powdercoated calipers, front and rear.

Next is an interior shot, since out of all the other photos of my car on here, there weren't any of the inside. It shows some recent additions such as a few new gauges in the dash panel, a new shifter, stainless door bar guards, and a fire extinguisher.

Last but not least, is a small view of the new 8-point roll cage and 5 point harnesses. As you can see, my cage builder now hates me, as I insisted on keeping the stock buckets and rear seat. Sorry pal, they are just too damn cool to change! LOL! Coming soon are some slots in the seats for the shoulder and crotch straps to pass through.

Sorry such a long post, but as I said, it's been a while and there are quite a few updates. Oh, who am I kidding? With the weather changing now, I am getting the fever, and I was just looking for an excuse to pull the cover off of it and stare for a while! :icon_biggrin:

WOW your Charger is great. I wish you could have done a build thread here so we could have followed along. More complete pictures would be great.

Thanks Rebel! Yeah, I would have loved to do a build thread, but it's been a really busy year between all this car stuff and moving as well. You may have seen them already, but a better view of the car as a whole is in post #33 of this thread. I will try to add more pics as the engine goes back in, and not wait 11 months to update this time!

Thanks Rebel! Yeah, I would have loved to do a build thread, but it's been a really busy year between all this car stuff and moving as well. You may have seen them already, but a better view of the car as a whole is in post #33 of this thread. I will try to add more pics as the engine goes back in, and not wait 11 months to update this time!

I just went back and looked at those pics. Wicked Daytona! Blue over blue is my favourite combo for these cars. :icon_thumright: :headbang: What size are the meats on the back? :3gears:

Wylde1.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a pic of the '75 Road Runner that got me into the later b-bods. This original owner car was local in the small town I grew up in. I remember it smoking the tires every time I saw it - long before I could even drive. The stripe has been changed and the front bumper is an owner-made fiberglass piece. At the time it had a 440 in it. This pic was taken by a friend in 1992.

In 2000 I found the rolling shell on a consignment lot in the same small town for $2000. The front windshield was smashed in and the paint on the hood was bubbled up from what looked like a carb fire. The rest of the paint was dull and faded but the body was solid. A week later I bought my '71 Demon instead for $6000. I still debated on going back for the Road Runner. I really wished I would have got it too.

Wylde1.

390388_10151522593279031_212284812_n.jpg

i dont care what anyone says , the late B Bodies can still be way cool cars.

every tilt wheel i have seen has had the crossbar (2 spoke) wheel. the dobas ive had in the past with the 3 spoke (non-tuff wheel) have been standard columns
just an observation, of course it may have been coincidence

You sure won't get any argument from me on that! Just look at some of these pics in this thread, some seriously cool rides!

Wylde1, that is one nice RR there! Too bad you couldn't have gotten it back then.

Also, the rear meats on mine are 305/45/18 Nitto Extreme Drag 555R's. I am looking forward to destroying them this summer!:icon_twisted:

You sure won't get any argument from me on that! Just look at some of these pics in this thread, some seriously cool rides!

Wylde1, that is one nice RR there! Too bad you couldn't have gotten it back then.

Also, the rear meats on mine are 305/45/18 Nitto Extreme Drag 555R's. I am looking forward to destroying them this summer!:icon_twisted:

What style of wheels?

every tilt wheel i have seen has had the crossbar (2 spoke) wheel. the dobas ive had in the past with the 3 spoke (non-tuff wheel) have been standard columns
just an observation, of course it may have been coincidence

The steering wheel options pretty much the same through out the late B's. Hope this clears things up? Standard two spoke & Sport-Three spoke=non-tilt and Two spoke=tilt
38506564034_large.jpg

They look like FOOSE wheels. The blue powder-coated calipers are a great touch. :headbang:

Wylde1.
Yep, Foose Nitrous wheels, 18x8 in front, 18x10 in back.

Glad you like the calipers. I wanted to add a little color and sparkle there, but first I had to grind off the "Wilwood" name that's cast onto them. Let me tell you, putting my shiny new (and not cheap) calipers up to a belt sander was an interesting exercise in stress management, to say the least!:eusa_pray:

Auto Transport Service
Back