• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

75 Cordoba restore

Herbykw

Local time
3:02 AM
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here. I just wanted to post picks of my build. A while back a friend of mine past away and left me his 1975 Chrysler Cordoba. It ran, but wasn't in perfect shape. the vinyl top was faded and cracking, the paint was worn and you could see lots of primer, seats were ripped and faded, rims were rusted over. But the car ran great, and was completely stock. My friend loved this car, i love this car. I am trying to restore it. I'm no mechanic, but I'm learning ALL of this as I go. Some stuff I am doing right, some it takes a few tries. Here we go

camera065.jpg

DSC00192.jpg

doba7.jpg

doba6.jpg

2866193_2-1.jpg

First up had to do some work on the engine. Stock 360ci with 2barrel carb. I took the stock intake manifold off, and upgraded to a Weiand high rise with a Holley 4 Barrel Carb, and chrome dress up

l_94d6a268c5a616710588671d2caabaf7.jpg

My wife was gettin in there to help too.
l_cc13a7f034b13c33f4a8abe80831831f.jpg

l_6f98c1df2653b4b52c7c1cbe0999938f.jpg

l_69114fe8f0b3d7adf8332c90faef5638.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

engine.jpg

A lot of body work is needed before paint. (Yellow was the only filler primer they had)

doba2.jpg

doba.jpg

l_db01068a6d0da6856d20c21524e0e885.jpg

My mom even slapped some primer on.
l_c559e04aaba239fc1ce2c90efbcd76a0.jpg

dobamonte.gif

This is a LOW budget build. Needed some new shoes. This is what i got

Picture021.jpg

This is the same rim after some elbow work.
wheells3.jpg

Now I wanted to put it on air.
DSC00182.jpg

l_44caa440179dfe6288ec77cd87bc2a62.jpg

Down
bags012.jpg

Up
bags017.jpg

bags006.gif

Air control
switches.jpg

A little interior work
Seats out
doba10.jpg

doba8.jpg

New rear seat...i have a couple front seats, dont know which style im going to use.
seat.jpg

Test run
rollin.jpg

Sittin with the *** down
bags011-1.jpg

Sits a little low
bags014.jpg

Switched away from the wire wheels still waiting to be put on, but..
Front wheels old vs new
IMG_1255.jpg

IMG_1254.gif

Rear wheels old vs new
IMG_1257.jpg

IMG_1260.gif

Still working on it now and then, The goal is to have it painted and back driving by August.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UWBsCsqijY[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=825T2pIb-rk[/media]

I recently got a welder, and I practiced a little and tried welding over the door handles for the shaved door kit. It isnt a pro job, it may be ugly, but it should work.

32285b9e.jpg

e7c54052.jpg

54067dd5.jpg

hi
ive got a cordoba 75 too
and one question is on my mind... why did you shave the door andle ?
i think they was originally beautifull door andle
and did you have the wheel moulding ? ive you dont want to put it back on the car i would like to have it if they are in great shape

hi
ive got a cordoba 75 too
and one question is on my mind... why did you shave the door andle ?
i think they was originally beautifull door andle
and did you have the wheel moulding ? ive you dont want to put it back on the car i would like to have it if they are in great shape

I love the shaved look. I dont plan on putting any of the mouldings back on. I want it sleek and smooth. But i might end up with the mouldings back on it if it looks too plain. I dont know if i will have a little pin stripping done or what to accent the color. Oh, the mouldings i have are dinged up pretty bad. I was actually suprised with the little bit of body damage it had considering the mouldings.

WTF.........I can't even get the wife to grab me a beer while i'm working on the car, let alone pick up a sander. Holy smokes, i think i've been cheated.

Neat ride...Keep us posted!

Thanks for the support. Glad i found this site. Everyone asks me why i waste my time and money on a Cordoba. They just dont understand. I love my Doba

Dont let people stop you. Its going to take money and time but when you are done they are going to change their tune. How did you get your wife to help you, please whats your secret we would all love to know.

cool little project.

Your pretty lucky to have a wife like that. I would know cause mine is just as helpfull. we once did a 1973 dart sport exactly like you did...we started with a roller, no interior, no drivetran, and primer body with dents all over it. we did everything in the back driveway. it was fun.

Anyways. I have a 1975 cordoba I am parting out. if you need any hard to find clips, or anything, lots are going fast, good interior and exterior. PM me if you need anythigng.

Here is a link to it.
http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?t=24210

Phil

WTF.........I can't even get the wife to grab me a beer while i'm working on the car, let alone pick up a sander. Holy smokes, i think i've been cheated.

you and me both will.AND he has his mom help.then he says a low budget build and puts air-ride suspension on it.Just giving ya a hard time,like the work that your doing on it.How did the air-ride ride?

Ok, so I havent updated this in a LONG time. A lot has changed with my plans for this car and the work on it has started moving forward again.

I was having a LOT of issues keeping it running. Turns out it was just the carb. Replaced the little Holley with a Demon 650 cfm

I loved this carb. I was going to pull the motor and rebuild. But plans change.

- - - Updated - - -

A buddy talked me into building a 440 and doing a swap. SO i found a used 440 and tranny in Reno and we took a road trip to get it.

As soon as we got it home we tore it down.

Everything appeared to be in good condition.

- - - Updated - - -

Sent the block to the shop and had them check everything over and prep it, bore it and paint it.

- - - Updated - - -

So the new plan.. Spent some money at the 440 source and got the 440-528 stroker kit.

I also ordered the 440 source stealth heads, pro billet distributor, and an Eldelbrock performer intake

I still have a LOT to do. I have been doing as much research as I can before ordering parts. Each part has a lot of research since I have never built a motor before.

Next on the list is Carb and then cam. Any suggestions would be great.

Not only his wife but his mother as well!!

Keep up the good work. My second car was a 77 Cordoba with a 400 lean burn system. When I was done with it, it ran 12.9 in the quarter. I'm a big fan of Cordobas.

so finally ordered the Carb. Its a Holley HP modified by AED performance 1000 CFM.

SO I had to place everything together to get an idea of how it will look.

Very excited. Cant wait. Few more parts to order.

I am shopping for a cam now. I sent request to a few big cam companies for their recommendations. Comp cams replied with their Xtreme energy 21-229-4. Over the last month or so I sent 3 request to Lunati, with no response. Couple days ago sent one to Crower, no response yet. Dont want to get the wrong cam. Still waiting, but will order soon.

Did order the Valve covers and valley pan.

Slow progress. hopefully after Xmas it will get more momentum.

Looking good! You'll be way happy with the BB, your going to need a posi!!!!

Interesting thread and build. My first car was a 77 Cordoba and I put a 440 in it about 28 years ago (man I'm getting old). A couple things to consider when bumping up the horsepower in these heavy beasts. You may know all this already but I found out most of this by trial and error. I like to do things right the first time nowadays.

- your k member will need to be changed to accept the BB. Do yourself a favour and get it sandblasted and powdercoated. Its cheap to do and will look nice with a new engine on it.

- Tortion bar upgrade. If you can find a donor 400 ci Cordoba you can use the kmember and tortion bars from it.

- depending on your HP you may need to upgrade your rear to a 8 3/4. When you do this pay attention to center it properly and the pinion angle is correct.

- Check your gas tank for rust and debris by cutting open a fuel filter. Your new engine will be thirsty and you don't want to give it contaminated fuel. So many issues can arise from this.

- headers, dual exhaust. 2 1/2" minimum. If you can afford 3" with an H pipe it will sound awesome.

- While the driveshaft is out, get it balanced and fit with new greasable u joints. With the much added torque and HP the old ones will surely fail sooner than later. Around here, it costs $90 to balance a driveshalf....cheap insurance.

- Add a driveshalf loop. Cheap insurance. Again, you are introducing allot of new power. I threw a rear ujoint while drag racing at a track and caused some damages.

- If you have the cash get the new engine dyno'd and broken in before installing. You can fix any leaks or issues before installation and bonus of knowing what HP your new stroker puts out. I wish I did this.

- not needed but looks better imho is remove the bumperettes and rubber belt on the bumpers and plug the holes with chrome bumper bolts. Looks nice.

You will be giving your doba a huge kick in the *** with a 440 stroker so do yourself a favor and upgrade anything that may fail from the additional power. You will be fixing things forever if you don't.

Fantastic. I had a 78 Dodge Magnum with a 360 2bbl in college in the early 90s. I paid $200 for the car and it was one of the best cars I ever owned. Good luck.

Auto Transport Service
Back