• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

904 trans 67 coronet aftermarket radiator cooler lines braided guidance help

Uncle Don

Local time
7:11 PM
Reaction score
my 904 trans in my coronet needs some trans cooler lines. someone has bent and hacked the factory ones and have rubber hoses on each end going to radiator(aftermarket) and going into transmission.
id like to run black braided rubber or SS braided lines the entire way from trans to cooler. i have TTI headers and a aftermarket radiator with cooling line ports at bottom of radiator.
i have been looking at kits online, ebay, amazon, summit, but most say for GM 350 700 400 TH etc... very few on mopar. when you run across mopar its 727. is this the same? what has worked for you all? anyone using braided the entire length? pics would be great. what kit did you use? fitting sizes in the trans? 1/4" or 1/8" i have seen it spelled both.
YES i searched and read on here before posting...and scanning the internet im not getting much clear answers either. any help be appreciated.

SS Braided Transmission Cooler Hose lines Fittings TH350 700R4 TH400 52" Length | eBay

Automatic Transmission Cooler Lines Kit 6-AN Hose Line Kit Fits GM 4L60E 4L65E | eBay

two i like but not sure will work.

The factory line connection is a 5AN.
If that helps any

Build your own. 5/16" terminated tubing is available at auto parts stores. Buy a simple bender and copy the old lines. Reroute if necessary.
Mike

I can not copy old lines, they are cut and mangled and spliced.
aftermarket radiator, and TTI headers presents routing issues....
i need a kit that can be universal and adapt to a 904 trans.
i dont have a bender, i dont have a flare tool, im laying on a concrete floor with car on jackstands...
braided hose kit would be easiest and cleanest.
what size is our transmission threads? 904... ?
5AN = 5/16 OD tubing, and 1/2-20 SAE threads? that seems huge to what i have. but maybe im wrong.

I can not copy old lines, they are cut and mangled and spliced.
aftermarket radiator, and TTI headers presents routing issues....
i need a kit that can be universal and adapt to a 904 trans.
i dont have a bender, i dont have a flare tool, im laying on a concrete floor with car on jackstands...
braided hose kit would be easiest and cleanest.
what size is our transmission threads? 904... ?
5AN = 5/16 OD tubing, and 1/2-20 SAE threads? that seems huge to what i have. but maybe im wrong.
Stock lines are 5/16". You can purchase a set of benders and flaring tool for the cost of store bought lines, which may not fit your car and own them for the rest of your life and still make professional looking coolant lines for your car. I hope you can use this situation as a learning experience and develop skills that will help you with future projects. I have included a couple of pics of my fabrications.
IMG_1611.JPG
IMG_2505.JPG

Mike

Auto Transport Service
Back