• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

727 transmission lines 90 degree fittings?

inri

Local time
1:53 PM
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I picked up my John Cope Transmission today from the freight terminal and will unwrap it tomorrow. Thanks for your feedback on making this happen! For anyone that has a transmission or even engine shipped to them you can have it shipped to the local freight company and pick it up there. They'll even fork lift it in for you.

I plan on installing the transmission soon and I would like to use braided -6an transmission to cooler hoses. I see most braided transmission cooler lines come with straight fittings from the transmission, which would then require the line to be bent towards the engine to run to the cooler. Would 90 degree or even 45 degree transmission fittings be a better option?
I haven't found a kit online with them so I'm thinking no, but wanted to ask.

Here's a link to what I'm highly considering, it doesn't come with 45 or 90 degree trans fittings.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Automatic-...27-/232433562147?_trksid=p2385738.m2548.l4275

I run 90 degree on my race car with no issue.
Doug

90's probably would be ok, but I personally would try to stay away from them just for a little better flow thru the lines. 2cents.

90's probably would be ok, but I personally would try to stay away from them just for a little better flow thru the lines. 2cents.
I drill out the case and run half inch lines
there is a reason diesels and others went to half inch lines
half inch lines will drop your back pressure measured at the output port by around 40 pounds- that's 15 lbs for each line and 15 lbs for a 100 plate cooler with 1/2 inch in and out if you are running a lock up converter put a filter in line, when your converter goes south you do not plug up your cooler- and they do not flush
plugged up cooler means no oil to your planetaries- can you see where that goes? The thrust washers are marginal at best

Auto Transport Service
Back