• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A/F Ratio gauge in my 65 Coronet

wedge5

Reaction score
I was thinking about installing a A/F Ratio gauge in my 65 Coronet. I figured this will help me tune the car/carbs.
Any thoughts?

I'm doing the same on my stroker in my Sundance....You can do it a few ways...You can go with a narrow band single black wire or go wide band (costs more)
What I'm doing is running two narrow band O2 sensors and using a switch to flip from left bank to right bank it's eiter that or use two A/F Gauges to see whats really going on on both sides. Wide band is the best way to go but it costs alot more.

What’s the Difference?

Wide Band
Shows Actual Air/Fuel ratio.

Precise display of ratio on the rich side of “stoichiometric”, which is where all performance engines run. Usually displays Air /Fuel ratio to the second decimal place.

Useful for maximizing power from race and other performance engines.

Fully temperature compensated.

Higher cost.

Narrow Band
Shows indication of rich vs lean.

Usually has very “coarse” display of ratio on the rich side of “stoichiometric. Some units only have 2 LEDs for the entire rich range!

Really only useful for making sure your engine is not running on the lean side.

Usually not temperature compensated, so the same air/fuel condition in the motor will result in an indication on the meter that will vary depending on sensor temperature.

Low cost.

Bottom Line:

If you are a builder or tuner of performance engines who needs to maximize performance of the engines you work with, then you need to be measuring Air/Fuel ratio with a wide band meter.

If you simply want an indication that you are rich or lean to make sure you are not going to burn the motor up, you can get by with a narrow band meter.

I have the Altronics O2 alert dual sensors. im a dealer for altronics if you want a awesome price.
best tuning device imo and best investment i ever made.

It looks real cool with those pretty lights but all those a/f numbers jumping around make it difficult to see where you are at at WOT.
With the altronics O2 alert you download all your data on to your laptop after each run.
you get voltage, a/f 1,a/f 2, rpm, where you shifted at and you can also get a optional vacuum sensor to plug in for crankcase vacuum.

Sounds good got a link?

I found a A/F gauge set up on Jeg's. It is by FAST Racing. Part #170634. It is a stand alone unit.

heres mine mounted. you get what you paid for.

Attachments

• INTERIOR 65 HEMI BELVEDERE 017.JPG
    INTERIOR 65 HEMI BELVEDERE 017.JPG
    180.3 KB · Views: 192
Hey SUPERSTOCKRACER any chance you could post a little video of it in action?

Sundance, it doesnt work like that. you have a few ways for it to startup. Either manually or a desired rpm.
Once your through the run you hit mode to end the recording or let it end on its own. Depending on how many minutes you want it to record.
No fancy LED lights to get you to buy it.
After the run, download on to your laptop or PC and review the run. makes tuning your car a breeze. I picked up .3 by fine tuning my cars with it.

Back