• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A few random electrical questions

INTMD8

Local time
10:28 PM
Reaction score
I've been making a lot of progress with the electrical system on my car. Can't explain how happy I was to get all of the lights working (well, haven't tried the vacuum doors yet but electrically everything is working).

Moving on to the blower motor, I have nothing there but I have a group of 3 wires from the heater control with nothing to connect them to. Is there an intermediate harness I am missing here?

Also, there are 2 leads coming off of the harness near the fuse box. Any suggestions for those wires?

Thank you!!

hcgeti.jpg

9Ojdq1.jpg

hcgeti.jpg

Last edited:
I dont see the pic, the 3 wires should hook on the heat element
index.php?PHPSESSID=vm8n8eshemltt7e987r6bkt301&action=dlattach;topic=57495.jpg

what are the colors of the 2 wires?

I think I fixed it. (the photos that is)

The blower resistor wires are plugged in.

I have 3 more wires which are black with male terminal, pink and yellow. Maybe those are for the dash light now that I think about it.

The ones off of the harness by the fuse box are red and also a black with white stripe.

Thank you

My ohh my......Download a service manual for free from mymopar....
http://mymopar.com/index.php

The blower motor has a dark green wire that attaches to the single pole connector. The other connection is from the heater control unit.....
IMG_0644.jpg
IMG_0650.jpg

I think the red wire is the cigar lighter and the black is the ground for it. The yellow and pink could wither be for the map light or glove box light. Just guessing.

I have a repair manual. Been staring at wiring diagrams and doing wiring 8 hours straight today. Thought I would ask about a few things I didn't get to as my brain is getting fried.

Yes I have those wires connected to the blower resistor so time to start checking power/etc. Thanks.

So since I'm admitting to being temporarily lazy, the photo you posted of the heater controls has a short black wire with a male connector, where does that terminate?

Or I will refer to the wsm tomorrow. Thanks

So since I'm admitting to being temporarily lazy, the photo you posted of the heater controls has a short black wire with a male connector, where does that terminate?

Or I will refer to the wsm tomorrow. Thanks
That has a connection to the main harness.....off the top of my head and dont hold me to it is a male black wire.....You can confirm that via the service manual.....

Thanks for the link, my wsm is actually for a 68.

As for the dash, I honestly don't even know the difference between a standard or ralley dash. I thought they were all the same with the exception of having a tachometer or not.

FSXMKV.jpg

Thats a rally dash. The short wire coming from the heater controls goes to the fuse box. Look at page 8-107 Look at the fuse box area and trace down the wire that comes off of the fuse that says heater.. Trace that back and you will find it goes to the single plug on the heater switch. In the diagram the wire goes off page 8-107 and continues on page 8-106 as C1-14BK find that wire on 8-106 and you will see it goes all the way up to the heather control switch. That is the heater switch power.

This is in the 69 manual since i didnt know what year you were working on. The info should be the same.

Thats a rally dash. The short wire coming from the heater controls goes to the fuse box. Look at page 8-107 Look at the fuse box area and trace down the wire that comes off of the fuse that says heater.. Trace that back and you will find it goes to the single plug on the heater switch. In the diagram the wire goes off page 8-107 and continues on page 8-106 as C1-14BK find that wire on 8-106 and you will see it goes all the way up to the heather control switch. That is the heater switch power.

This is in the 69 manual since i didnt know what year you were working on. The info should be the same.
The connection is off the main harness.......and that female connection runs through the main harness to the fuse block.....

The wire diagrams are the same.....

Here I might have been wrong on the black wire for the "cigar lighter" that may be the lead for the heater. Check out these 2 scematics follow the green wire.. According to the drawing its actually a black wire. I used green to make it easier to see.

Untitled1.png
Untitled.png

Thanks, I will trace this back tomorrow and see where it comes out of the harness from the fuse panel.

Certainly explains (so far) why the blower motor doesn't work.

To follow up after another marathon day of wiring.

Thanks again for the assistance above, blower is now working on all settings (seems a bit weak but does in fact work).

The list of things not working is now much smaller than working.

:)

Auto Transport Service
Back