• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A great option for LED bulbs in taillights.

AR67GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:04 AM
Reaction score
This info was originally from a Cobra Replica manufacturer who promoted them as a painless swap for 1157 tail light bulbs for better visibility. Like a lot of older cars the Cobra lights have had problems with LEDs and flashers. I’ve managed by hook or crook to get some form of LEDs in the tail lights of my old cars including my GTX, with the exception of my 66 Satellite. Despite a drawer full of various types none worked in the tail lights of the Satellite and I also tried a HD solid state flasher too, which was of no help. So I bought a pair from Amazon and stuck them in this morning and they worked great. They are a red LED so not only are they bright but they are bright red too. One thing noticed is they are substantial in heft - definitely not a cheesy piece of cheap plastic and LED lights stuck in a 1157 base.

Amazon product ASIN B01A77TV4Q

Is your computer acting up? Need to clear cookies?

It’s there but here it is again along with a screen shot.

IMG_1115.png

It’s there but here it is again along with a screen shot.

View attachment 1572046
Thanks. I will bookmark this and can order some. Too bad my 66 Dart has different tail lights in the quarter and deck lid. Same candle power in the deck lid as the tail lights in the quarter. Anything different and it looks goofy. I need to rewire the deck lid for 1157's. Turn signals and tail lights on both sides. I followed my friend with his 70 Bee and damn his rear lights sucked. It wouldn't hurt us to upgrade the light systems on our old cars. May be some good headlights and a Crackedback relay system.

It looks like my original posting had some issue with the attachment such that while it looked OK on my end, it wasn't coming through on some (or anyone else’s) computers. JR Charger & gkent - sorry for the less than helpful initial responses above. My bad.

It looks like my original posting had some issue with the attachment such that while it looked OK on my end, it wasn't coming through on some (or anyone else’s) computers. JR Charger & gkent - sorry for the less than helpful initial responses above. My bad.
No link but the screenshot came through. That name and description should get us there.

This info was originally from a Cobra Replica manufacturer who promoted them as a painless swap for 1157 tail light bulbs for better visibility. Like a lot of older cars the Cobra lights have had problems with LEDs and flashers. I’ve managed by hook or crook to get some form of LEDs in the tail lights of my old cars including my GTX, with the exception of my 66 Satellite. Despite a drawer full of various types none worked in the tail lights of the Satellite and I also tried a HD solid state flasher too, which was of no help. So I bought a pair from Amazon and stuck them in this morning and they worked great. They are a red LED so not only are they bright but they are bright red too. One thing noticed is they are substantial in heft - definitely not a cheesy piece of cheap plastic and LED lights stuck in a 1157 base.

Just ordered a pair. Thanks!

The internet's been funky the last couple days. I'm sure that's the problem.

Just ordered a pair. Thanks!
If you‘re like me you’ll be surprised by their heft when you get them. I know that isn’t automatically an indicator of quality but in this age of cheap plastic, disposable stuff, it was sort of pleasing. Kind of like hefting a nice, all steel 45 auto versus the latest, mostly composition 9 mm auto. :)

Just clicked on the Amazon icon and went right there.

The internet's been funky the last couple days. I'm sure that's the problem.
Nope, it's a forum-specific phenomena. You can see a link for a split second when the page loads,
but it quickly disappears.

I've been having trouble on other sites I frequent.

I run the Yokim brand I found on Amazon. Easily three times as bright when comparing against my garage door.

Auto Transport Service
Back