• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A mopar brother wont be down........

Bb70charger500

Local time
8:42 AM
Reaction score
Guys I have no joy in typing this. As some of you know or may remember I take care of a older guy that way in my local car club. Quick back story ....... two years ago at our annual Christmas party Peter (who never came to these) meet me we spoke for awhile ,he was excited that I actually worked on cars . Most everyone else in the club doesn't fix there own cars . Anyways .... he explained he was very poor and couldn't pay a mechanic to adjust his timing and rebuild his carb, I happily volunteered told him money is not necessary I enjoy working on different cars ....... fast forward some more he goes in a few months afterwards for a hip surgery , I went to visit since I heard he didn't have any family local or many friends. It made his day when I showed up , I wasn't planning on going more then once but after seeing how happy an hour of my time made him I went every day a little longer each day as I was dealing with doctors and papers ,the person in charge of him dropped him off and disappeared (for the next 8 months) . So one day I show up he's upset they have him signing papers and say get out . They kicked him out they said his insurance will send a nurse to the house just take him home ... well that never happened no nurse no help no nothing I took care of him 8 hours a day for the next 6-7 months ,I learned alot about him and what a feeding tube was. So we spent alot of time together and after he didn't need me all the time we still hung out and did car shows or tried buying cars or he would tell me stories about his military days!
So fast forward again yesterday I went over to check on him and he was passed!

I lost a great friend , we lost a great mopar guy !
He has owned his 1968 Plymouth sport fury convertible for 48 years! The car is extremely nice he took care of it like it was a baby . Here's a few pictures of him and the car .
If anyone is interested in preserving this very org and nice car I am now the owner and I will be listing it for sale on a different post . But for now
To Pete ! ! R.I.P.
IMAG1426_BURST002.jpg
IMAG1425_BURST002.jpg
IMAG1423_BURST002.jpg
IMAG1424_BURST002.jpg
IMAG0993_BURST002.jpg
IMAG0994_BURST002.jpg

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I'm certain he was happy to have you in his life. R.I.P.

You’re a good guy taking care of this man during his last years. I can only imagine how much joy you two shared during your time together. Sorry to hear of his passing. I hope at least he went peacefully. Good luck with the car I’m sure someone will enjoy having it along with a bit of his legacy.

Not going to lie I didn't know how much was involved when someone dies! He thought the government was going to handle burial (everything) since he was navy (seabees) well come to find out that's not true and I got hit with a casket a plane ticket for him to go home and $1000 for the receiving cemetery to dig a hole for him! Man I think we're in the wrong business

I was looking threw the casket catalog and I explained to the lady he didn't have any money ,and I wasn't exactly well off so I said where's the budget section the cheapest casket was $998 and it was basically cardboard and felt! She said its designed to disintegrate when it gets wet! For $1000 bucks!!!! In believable!

You know what makes this situation even worse . He had a daughter and two grand sons! I knew about the girl and one boy . I found out today his grand kids are 10 mins from his house and they have not spoken with him in the time I've known him ! Then the boy had the nerve to ask what was left to him in the will!

The daughter s ex husband. Lives 40 mins away for some odd reason he feels he's still his family even though he had a restraining order against Pete and hasn't spoken to him in 20 some odd years . He calls me and asked when he can come get the car!
I can't believe these people I kindly changed the subject and told them they can see him at the funeral home tomorrow to say goodbye they said its to far of a drive! Then asked about the will again ... oh for those that didn't get the story way before about a year ago Pete decided his family was $#_! And they weren't getting anything so he left everything to me . So there's alot of very unhappy people now up here it's amazing what money or things will do they don't care one bit about him they feel there intitled since they were family at one point in life !

Bb70, thank you for being there for him. You are a big Man and a good decent friend. The world needs a whole lot more like you.

Man, sorry to hear about your loss. Sounds like you have the guy some needed company and friendship during his last days, you're a good dude for that ! His family sucks, screw them. I think I'd be doing a cremation and drive somewhere nice to spread him out, do you think his gravesite will be visited much ? Again, sorry for your loss ...

God bless you, Bb70 (ugh, can we know your first name please? I hate writing to monikers, so impersonal!).
You did/are doing Gods' work. That you did so for someone not even related makes it even more a labor of love.
We should all aspire to such deeds!
Honored to be in the same group with you, sir.
Ed

Sorry for your loss. Its apparent that he knew who his true friend was, and that's what counts.

RIP Pete

So sorry for your loss - but glad that man had a neighbor ( and eventual good friend ) like you to be there with him . . . You are an honorable man . . .

Sorry for your loss, he was so lucky to have such a caring friend. It amazes me how a little money is like blood, it brings the sharks out of the water !

Bb70, you are a very nice person and a good friend to Pete. It is a great shame that this veteran (Pete) was dropped by the government that he honorably served. I too thought that the government would cover all the costs for a veteran’s funeral. Maybe they do in a vets cemetery?

You deserve everything that Pete passed to you! You are a good example and a good member of our nation! We need more people like you around here. Thanks! Bryan

You did a good thing and will be rewarded someday somehow when you least expect it. As far as his family they have balls looking for money, nothing surprises me anymore. I will tell you and anybody who cares to read this that as much as your fond of this man you dont know his past concerning his family. Id take as much of his what ever assets he had and use them to cover my expenses. Whats left you could set up a savings account for his grandchildren in a way that they could not touch it until there of legal age or use it for college. Thats what i would do. Whatever you do is up to you.

Two thumbs up,brother....

Too far for the service, when can I pick up the car?What a bunch of loser's.. you can pick your friends!!!!

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back