• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Mopar owner again after a 30+ year break, in Napa CA

No mine is LL1 (68 Plymouth's Surf Turquoise Poly-Metallic)
it's sort of like Med. Dark Turquoise Poly 'for Dodge' (LL1),
pallet sample below is a bit darker,
tints don't come across well
shows a bit darker, when not in the Calif. noon sun
Oh yeah, I can see it now. On my screen, looking at your Avatar, I couldn't see the tint. Very nice color. Luckily, I have plenty of time to ponder colors. Have to make it a reliable runner first.

Welcome from NY.
Great car you have.
And a D440 would be the correct year so a good chance it's the original engine.

So the car came out of the California Valley area. Hopefully that helps on rust issues. For a potential paint supplier, check out tcpglobal.com. They have a color library that goes back into the early 1900's using PPG info. They can make it up for you. I'll be using them for mine when its paint supply time. They have the option of single or two stage.

So the car came out of the California Valley area. Hopefully that helps on rust issues. For a potential paint supplier, check out tcpglobal.com. They have a color library that goes back into the early 1900's using PPG info. They can make it up for you. I'll be using them for mine when its paint supply time. They have the option of single or two stage.
At first glance seems to have very little rust, but there is definitely filler in lots of panels and a bubble in the passenger rocker so I can't say until I strip it. Somewhere down the road. Floors and trunk are fine.

Nice trade. I would have traded a Chevelle for that 68 R/T any day. You don't see many 68 R/T's. Every cruise night around here has 50 Chevelles. Lol. My brother in law has a 69 Chevelle. I haven't been able to convert him yet.

Welcome from NY.
Great car you have.
And a D440 would be the correct year so a good chance it's the original engine.
I started another thread regarding the engine's chance of being original. I am pretty convinced it isn't for the following reasons. The car was likely built late March or in April of 68. The engine cast date was 3-28-67. There is no VIN on the back of the engine, and no HP stamped on the block pad which shows it was assembled on 10-5. Doesn't matter all that much, but it would have been nice if it was the original.

Nice trade. I would have traded a Chevelle for that 68 R/T any day. You don't see many 68 R/T's. Every cruise night around here has 50 Chevelles. Lol. My brother in law has a 69 Chevelle. I haven't been able to convert him yet.
I agree with you because I like the R/T more than I liked the Chevelle. My friends and family think I am nuts though. They actually made fewer 70 Chevelle convertibles than they did 68 R/T Coronets.

Just south of you in SF. Welcome!
Thanks. I think I would be afraid to drive a nice car in your city. Every time I have I to take 19th Avenue from the bridge through the city my blood pressure goes way up. Let me know if you have a stash of rare 68 Dodge parts you need to get rid of. Frank

Thanks. I think I would be afraid to drive a nice car in your city. Every time I have I to take 19th Avenue from the bridge through the city my blood pressure goes way up. Let me know if you have a stash of rare 68 Dodge parts you need to get rid of. Frank
Yeah I don't drive it during rush hour at all. Mostly when traffic is low and certain neighborhoods that are a bit more chill.

Yeah I don't drive it during rush hour at all. Mostly when traffic is low and certain neighborhoods that are a bit more chill.
Yeah, some of the Bay Area folks seem to get offended when I say I avoid driving my cars over toward the bay.... In the past we've done plenty of drives west but drivers in that direction seem to have no respect for these cars, won't give you any space & more than once we've had cars messed with, spit on, trash thrown in them, an antenna broken... Just no respect... I use to live in Santa Cruz, loved driving up & down the coast... The people have changed, not for the better...

Hell fifteen years ago I led a group of a dozen vintage cars over to join a group in Redwood City, we show up after having driven an hour & a half only to find all the locals all brought their daily drivers...

We take regular drives up into the Sierras, people up there treat us great.... The coast is pretty much off the cruise list...

The way mine looks right now I could drive it anywhere without worrying too much.

Auto Transport Service
Back