• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A place to source AMD panels in Canada?

kliv555

Local time
2:23 AM
Reaction score
Just wondering where people from Canada order their AMD or other brand panels from? Summit racing in the states does not look like an easy option due to logistics.

But do price comparisons first. Keep in mind that you'll be paying double shipping - the cost of the parts going to them then the cost going to you. Also keep in mind that if ordering from U.S. sources directly they will not have brokerage and tax included in their final cost to you.

Yep, I just buy it from Nigel @ National Moparts and skip the border BS and let him deal with it, and I even have a few clearance brokerage accounts so could easily do it myself direct. That said it's only a 3 hour round trip for me to drive over and pick stuff up...
superbirdbentdoor 362.jpg

superbirdbentdoor 381.jpg

How specific are the Border Guards? If you took a trailer into the US with old panels and returned with new ones, would the paperwork show it as so? Rattle can them the same color?

I have found out like dad’s bee mentioned sometimes it is not worth the hassle.
If you order from National, you know the price in Canadian $. Sometimes their prices are less than purchasing directly from the US, once you pay courier fees etc. Other dealers probably do the same.

How specific are the Border Guards? If you took a trailer into the US with old panels and returned with new ones, would the paperwork show it as so? Rattle can them the same color?
Good chance of losing you truck, trailer and getting a large fine. I have a good friend, mopar car guy.He is a Customs Officer and said that they are very aware of car parts etc. I got looked at pretty closely bringing back used parts.

I am close enough to the border at Sarnia/Port Huron, that I sometimes use a parcel drop off facility to save on brokerage fees by picking it up myself on U.S. side of the border and importing the parts personally . Sometimes the border folks give you a pass on duties, as well. Just make sure you have your invoice.

You don't pay duties at the border, just the provincial and federal tax which you have to pay anyway. Hot Rods and Classics in Chilliwack stocks quite a bit of stuff as well and does AMD orders every week usually. Nigel at National Moparts is closer to Mb. though and is also great to deal with.
Ordering AMD panels is a bit like buying a new car, you better check out if the vendor will work with you and fight AMD on your behalf if the product is junk. Hot Rods and Classics did for sure because I worked there and the business owner spent a lot of time and effort ensuring his customers were happy, my son had a bad AMD Charger door and a different vendor in B.C. did absolutely nothing to resolve it.

Like stated above if you have the time, close enough within reason to the border and want to save some cash, get a US mailing address (usually free to sign up) and do a road trip. When I buy larger orders of car parts, I bring the ol lady for a couple days over to the states for some R&R and returned with my goods usually duty/tax free (<$800pp).
Summit does ship to Canada for free for orders above a certain amount too.

AMD is manufactured in Taiwan.. so if the customs peps are doing their job to the letter there WILL be duty/tarriff tacked on along with taxes. 9 times out of 10 they see it shipped from AMD - USA and miss the fine print!

When I go to the U.S. for the sole purpose of picking up new parts its usually just a quick trip over. In these cases I always declare all the stuff as the chances of a search on a short trip are higher than if you've been there a few days or more. To be worthwhile I have to order at least $500 U.S. worth of stuff. Its been a LONG time since I've had to go in and pay any tax, etc.. In general I've come to the conclusion that regardless of the value of goods, 13% tax isn't worth losing my vehicle over.

Auto Transport Service
Back