• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A reminder to everyone....

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwigtx

Henchman #4 and Jack-Stand Racer #2
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:36 PM
Reaction score
Can we drop the Spelling Police bickering and general attacks on each PLEASE???

Getting complaints now from people and it really is a silly subject matter to be dealing with...and a totally unnecessary waste of my time. Let's just get around the fact that some of us are not as gifted as others in the Spelling/Grammar/story-telling side of life in the written form.
Everyone here has a valuable contribution to make at times, and I know a lot of members appreciate the fact that this information is given freely and willingly. If every time someone contributes, then gets torn to shreds because of a few incorrectly spelled words, then there is not a lot of hope for any of us.

And while I have your attention, just remember that Staff will be clamping down hard on anyone starting trouble or bickering - it is a pet hate of the site owner, and offenders will be dealt with swiftly. If you feel overly abused by another member, just report the post and let one of our friendly team assist with the problem :)

Thanks.:thumbsup:

...and to justify some of the errors some members make - it is so easy to post on a mobile device while at work, that these spelling and typo errors are all to easy to make without noticing. Nothing to do with people not being intelligent. I do it all the time.

Last edited:
Yep and the auto correct sometimes does goofy things on these smart phones and tablets

Yes...auto-correct can be a problem at times...
cum-hair.jpg

:lol:

Ever heard of proof reading? LOL

My theory is this...If it keeps going on a downward spiral... grammar will soon be extinct.

It's bad enough with today's street slang.

So, if you don't care, why should we? Right?

Ever heard of proof reading? LOL
My theory is this...If it keeps going on a downward spiral... grammar will soon be extinct.
It's bad enough with today's street slang.
So, if you don't care, why should we? Right?

I can understand that Joey doesn't want people bitching at each other but the above member has a point. I have noticed an improvement in habits on forums where poor grammar is pointed out. It is like other bad habits. People may not be aware of how bad their posts look to others. If my breath was bad or my zipper was open, I'd want to know about it.
As I have said before, any reasonable person would overlook a few misspelled words or a run-on sentence. When someone repeatedly writes stuff that is so bad it seems like they are intentionally screwing it up, I find it hard to ignore it. I really do try to let it all slide but sometimes it just feels like people are showing the language an offensive level of disrespect.

This is for the Snowflake pussies that have complained to Kiwi!
12074658_10153173410466700_3096225946759117498_n.jpg

Can we drop the Spelling Police bickering and general attacks on each PLEASE???

Getting complaints now from people and it really is a silly subject matter to be dealing with...and a totally unnecessary waste of my time. Let's just get around the fact that some of us are not as gifted as others in the Spelling/Grammar/story-telling side of life in the written form.
Everyone here has a valuable contribution to make at times, and I know a lot of members appreciate the fact that this information is given freely and willingly. If every time someone contributes, then gets torn to shreds because of a few incorrectly spelled words, then there is not a lot of hope for any of us.

And while I have your attention, just remember that Staff will be clamping down hard on anyone starting trouble or bickering - it is a pet hate of the site owner, and offenders will be dealt with swiftly. If you feel overly abused by another member, just report the post and let one of our friendly team assist with the problem :)

Thanks.:thumbsup:

...and to justify some of the errors some members make - it is so easy to post on a mobile device while at work, that these spelling and typo errors are all to easy to make without noticing. Nothing to do with people not being intelligent. I do it all the time.

:thumbsup: Amen Bros. :lol:

Maybe we should have safe places like the Colleges.

I can understand that Joey doesn't want people bitching at each other but the above member has a point. I have noticed an improvement in habits on forums where poor grammar is pointed out. It is like other bad habits. People may not be aware of how bad their posts look to others. If my breath was bad or my zipper was open, I'd want to know about it.
As I have said before, any reasonable person would overlook a few misspelled words or a run-on sentence. When someone repeatedly writes stuff that is so bad it seems like they are intentionally screwing it up, I find it hard to ignore it. I really do try to let it all slide but sometimes it just feels like people are showing the language an offensive level of disrespect.

You got some good points that you're bringing up . . . but let me try and illustrate it with a possible scenario . . .

Your zipper is down ( unknowingly ) would you rather:
1 -
have the guy say in a loud voice to you ( so everyone can hear ) YOUR ZIPPER IS DOWN DUDE ! ! !
2 - take you aside and quietly let you know that your zipper is down

1 - is synonymous with bringing it out in the open forums
2 - is synonymous with sending the mis-speller a PM to let them know of their typo

I'm not perfect, never claimed to be . . . and I won't be the one to cast the first stone at a typo ( I catch them in my text days later ) . . . be considerate.

Great points all. For me though I cannot change who and what I am about. So therefore I will always attempt to present myself in a polite and correct manner. That includes my proof reading and spell checking. We all have our own views of the ways of the World and how we do things. Perhaps maybe using another device sands a iPhone/iPod, etc. and one might have a little better time of their collective writings. Still if I can I will always revert to the "Tongue and Quill", the Dictionary, and a Thesaurus...cr8crshr/Tuck:usflag::usflag::usflag:

Roger

Some people never get it until things are taken away......When you act like a child berating/correcting others in a passive agressive way, others notice and point that out. Eventually, someone has to step in and take things away from the "grammar bully." No different than taking toys away from a child to get them to straighten up.

This forum is owned by someone whom has the right to do what they please....When they want and how they want? Whether we pay for a membership or not we are here for one reason and that is to have the access to FBBO. If we do not abide by this that access can be denied...

Justin

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back