• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A855 - 5 Speed

Hold up there.
Passon changed the recommendation for what lube to use.
I'm taken aback by your one sided opinion on this issue, especially because I don't think painting a part has anything to do with it popping out of gear.

Reading comprehension may not be a strong point for him...

What does the A855 have?
Above all else (although not the main reason why I got one) NO, ZERO, NONE cutting of your Mopar to install it!
For example, if I had a real winged version of my 70 Roadrunner, or a 69 Daytona, I absolutely would want a 5th gear but I'd keep the 3.54.

Reading comprehension may not be a strong point for him...

Whatever asshole. Where's the document that said anything about that? That was just two points of many. What about the fact he has driven it less than 500 miles and adjusted the linkage? Let's talk about that.

You guys simply can't comprehend that you can't nag the ever living **** out a little company because one little thing isn't right. You want to nag someone? Nag a big company. Passon is to the point of "We can't make him happy, **** it, we'll deal with him in the courts."

Which is the right stance at this point. If you had any reading comprehension, you would know that was the point I was making.

But he puts colorful graphs in his posts! :D

Dick holes like you is why the forum is mostly dead.

Man, a lot of drama here (not all the uncommon I guess). I think the A855 was a good idea but I think Passion out ran their headlights on it and promoted it way too early and then discovered that it was harder to make than they anticipated. I would not drop 6K on one unless I had some rare high dollar driver (those things typically do not coexist). There are many other options that have proven to be durable and reliable (Tremec, gear vendors, etc.).

Having worked in commercial sales, I know that you cannot please everyone all the time and there are cases where someone gets a lemon and you just cannot make it right. This is an odd case because the OP had 2 transmissions which did the same thing; so either the design is flawed, he was super unlucky and got 2 lemons, or he somehow created this issue on his end. I am not saying any one of these things is the case, don't know but IMO Passion would have been smart just to refund his money and walk away.

I should have known from your first "contribution" to this thread that you communicate best using grunts and insults. Someone else must have made the graphs. Nasty, insulting posts with little to no benefit is what kills a forum.
I know better than you where I stand in regards to the rest of the members of FBBO. How many people from this forum have you met in person? Spent any time at any car event with? Invited over to the cave you live in? Call or been called by?
Make sure you introduce yourself if our paths should cross....

It is? I wish someone would have told me... So the 7000 or so posts a week we get on FBBO make the place dead? I guess I should start preparing to turn off the server.

You need to consider talking to people a little nicer...

I have been selfishly watching this and a couple other transmission threads. Searching for the "Goldie locks" manual transmission for a true 1000+ ft/lbs of torque build with street use capabilities. And there is a technical hole for those like me that wants their cake and eat it too. Lenco appears to be the best option. But not a true manual. And certainly no resemblance of a street option. Clutchless liberty or gforce can handle the power. But not street functional. The A855 is close. But still not beefy enough. I don't believe you can get the A855 guts to fit and function in a A833 iron housing? That would help. But again dreaming.

I have a JW Ultrabell glide. That can handle the power. Very good option on strip. But of course with big automatics? Heat is a real problem for any street use. So my search continues. If any have a suggestion? Throw it out. Thank you.

I have been selfishly watching this and a couple other transmission threads. Searching for the "Goldie locks" manual transmission for a true 1000+ ft/lbs of torque build with street use capabilities. And there is a technical hole for those like me that wants their cake and eat it too. Lenco appears to be the best option. But not a true manual. And certainly no resemblance of a street option. Clutchless liberty or gforce can handle the power. But not street functional. The A855 is close. But still not beefy enough. I don't believe you can get the A855 guts to fit and function in a A833 iron housing? That would help. But again dreaming.

I have a JW Ultrabell glide. That can handle the power. Very good option on strip. But of course with big automatics? Heat is a real problem for any street use. So my search continues. If any have a suggestion? Throw it out. Thank you.
There are a number of reasons why I wound up with my 855. Not having to cut my V-code is a benefit, but if I have a problem with the power of the motor I'm slowly creeping towards, being as it should wind up on the upper edge of the 700 ft lbs of torque the 855 is said to be good for (conservatively I'm told), well I AM NOT giving up my 3rd pedal or 5th gear, because rowing the gears brings me GREAT joy, and the Pistol Grip shifter handle on a manual transmission is SO COOL LOOKING, it DEFINES classic Mopar muscle...so if I have a problem I am going to have to find another manual transmission that I can count on to not break. Jerico transmissions look good, what can anyone tell us about them?
OR
G-Force..these things look AWESOME!
overview1.jpg
hn1000_tran.jpg
hn1000_link.jpg

From G-Force:
"The GF-5R 5 speed transmission is most definitely a high performance unit. This transmission has benefited from years of development and has proven its' worth in the realm high performance. With proven excessive horsepower handling capability and low price as compared to its' closest competitors, it is without question the best value in 5 speed racing transmission technology."
They are noisy, but they don't seem to be excessively priced, and are on the lower end of the power handling capability of other transmissions they make-meaning-they know how to make extremely strong transmissions!
Screenshot_20200619-224419_Chrome.jpg

What about a Liberty Gears built TKO or T56? They seem like they can build a transmission that can handle the power.

All I can say is wow. they should at the very least just refund your money. that wont fix everything that you went through but its better then bad trans after bad trans then no trans...you have ultimate patience. Oh and No paint EVER Made a trans no work. unless you used the paint for lube.

I just don't see a $6k 5 speed that won't stay in 4th gear as a little thing, or the fact that it is still under warranty and they refuse to call me back.

Put some miles on the SST Silver Sport TKO 5 yesterday. Nice. Dry. Good shifts.

Put some miles on the SST Silver Sport TKO 5 yesterday. Nice. Dry. Good shifts.
My first real life experience with a TKO600 will be the one in the GTO. I paid extra for their truly tricked out "White Lightning" shifter that allows for independent tension settings for each gear's shifter position. I think the shifters are great from what I can tell, what with the short throw and spring loaded "gates". It seems like it would be VERY HARD to miss a gear since you basically just have to push or pull and the spring seems to guide you into the next gear. With the White Lightning it should be even better!

I have an older Keisler TKO600 in my Corvette. I know that that is a bad word around here:lol:. It is a great transmission. The only problem that I have is 2nd-3rd shift above 6300 rpm's. sometimes it doesn't happen. at 6500rpm is a 50/50 chance and at 7000rpm is a no go. I did talk to Silver Sport Transmissions last year at Carlisle and they told me they could fix it with a upgrade kit for just over $300. It would be the same price wether I bring it to them or buy the parts and do it myself.
All-in-all I can't complain because it takes the beating that I give it. Well over 700 hp and it hasn't't let me down yet

The early Keisler TKO that preceded my SST had 2-3 **** issues only at higher rpm’s. Besides
spewing like a sieve. Keisler denied this for years, then suddenly offered a fix at my expense. Subsequently they said that I have “too early” of a version.

Any updates on how you're going with the replacement transmission/refund?

The skinny: same old, pushing a replacement, passing off responsibility, failure to call back, too busy, etc.
The worst is probably accusing me of having an attitude then stating he smashed his crystal ball in his driveway yesterday, therefore unable to provide a tentative date within the last 10 days of the 30 day window he set.

2 posts, first here: A855 - 5 Speed

Last edited:
Pennsylvania isn't that far away from you. Drop in and let him tell you face to face. Its easy to blow someone off when you do it over the phone. Don't give them a heads up you are coming to them.

Auto Transport Service
Back