• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A855 - 5 Speed

He has told me multiple times he needs to coordinate with Christine at GFI, as that is the source of the refund $.

Although irrelevant to me, as I paid Passon, it's a Passon trans, sold/advertised by Passon exclusively, etc, the last thing I need is another delay or excuse after a 4 hr drive.

That said, whatever it takes, this is getting resolved next week.

I would have been a featured segment on the national news by now, and possibly the Sunday shows too...

If anyone has the warranty ppwk for the A855 we would appreciate a copy for our records, pm me please.

I'd let him know I was going to be at Carlisle, with the transmission, and be expecting to receive a check in exchange and also that I'd have 1,000 flyers pre-printed explaining what I thought of his company, and would be handing them out if the check wasn't available. I understand it's difficult for you to get there, but sometimes you really have to push to get the result. Good luck with what ever you decide to do.

I'd let him know I was going to be at Carlisle, with the transmission, and be expecting to receive a check in exchange and also that I'd have 1,000 flyers pre-printed explaining what I thought of his company, and would be handing them out if the check wasn't available. I understand it's difficult for you to get there, but sometimes you really have to push to get the result. Good luck with what ever you decide to do.
Another great idea. Future buyers would get some timely info before they plop down some money and get the same results you are currently experiencing.

I'm not taking a check, paypal or cash only.

Checks are a promise to pay, including certified bank checks which only protect the bank, not you, it's true.
Throw in the claim the funds have to come from Christine, to Jamie, then to me, the check would be a promise to pay if Christine paid.

Cashier check is only issued after the funds are deducted from the personal account. Then the Bank or CU guarantees the check for the amount stated. That is the best form of payment other than cash.

Yeah, it's up to you, but being arrested for fraud by writing a bad check? I don't think any of the culprits involved would go that far, but a Cashier's Check? I'd take that without a hint of reluctance.

Cashier check is only issued after the funds are deducted from the personal account. Then the Bank or CU guarantees the check for the amount stated. That is the best form of payment other than cash.
With laser printers, cashiers checks can be forged too. Cash is king.

So can cash!
But hard to replicate the paper. I'm in retail and handle alot of cash. I can tell a bogus bill by the feel of the paper.

Cashier's check, funds are moved from the account to the bank's escrow account, the bank pays you/your bank.

Certified check, funds are earmarked for payment but not removed. Scenarios exist where balance could drop below held amount, prior check deposited bounces, some banks run certain transactions first, mortgage, car payment, etc, multiple transactions done prior to getting check. Someone at the bank is verifying the funds are in the account and your signature, people make mistakes.

Personal check, worthless.

Banks can call back funds at anytime, up to a year, iirc, if for any reason they show a debit. The type of check determines who they go after.

Cash is cash.

Paypal is instant.

Your gonna have to check out my 1’s, 5’s and 10’s. I don’t do 20’s, 50’s or 100’s, people always look at those. So I stick to the smaller ones! Lol!!!

summer2020 293.JPG
summer2020 295.JPG

The early Keisler TKO that preceded my SST had 2-3 **** issues only at higher rpm’s. Besides
spewing like a sieve. Keisler denied this for years, then suddenly offered a fix at my expense. Subsequently they said that I have “too early” of a version.
I've got an early trans from them with upgraded blue shifter assembly and I still hate how it shifts. And the shifter vibrates like crazy in 4th.

I've got an early trans from them with upgraded blue shifter assembly and I still hate how it shifts. And the shifter vibrates like crazy in 4th.

My Keisler TKO 600 had the blue shifter, same 2-3 shift problems everyone complains about. I took it to SST, they put their new shifter on plus the carbon fiber synchros with the brass fork tabs instead of the nylon tabs. Shifts like it ought to now.

My Keisler TKO 600 had the blue shifter, same 2-3 shift problems everyone complains about. I took it to SST, they put their new shifter on plus the carbon fiber synchros with the brass fork tabs instead of the nylon tabs. Shifts like it ought to now.
dang - so now they have a replacement for the blue? That was current a couple years ago when I bought it. You had to take it out of the car for that, yes? How much $?

dang - so now they have a replacement for the blue? That was current a couple years ago when I bought it. You had to take it out of the car for that, yes? How much $?

My blue shifter was by Keisler, SST put the new and much better shifter on. I had the trans out anyway as I was putting in a new engine. I think you could put the new shifter in without removing the trans. I had the carbon fiber synchros put in while they had it. I dropped it off on the way to pick up the new engine and picked it up on the return. I believe they charged $600 for all the parts and labor. Certainly worth it to me.

Getting off the 855 topic but relevant I guess for the troubles in other options. I put the blue shifter in, in the car yes. Mine was from 2008 and had a silver shifter. Blue shifts some better but vibrates worse with the long pistol grip. I'm sure I got the blue from sst, was probably 2018. The guy I talked to worked at keisler as well.

Auto Transport Service
Back