• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aarons 69 Roadrunner Project

Cool , I can't wait till we hear back from Aaron on the block numbers on this car, I wish him the best of luck on this being and numbers matching car, but it is a GREAT find regardless !

Please, meep meep, no...really I have boogered up TONS of stuff in my years...ask the Colonel at Ft Benning in 1988 about his Mercedes floors; I had NO idea, just went in and attacked, welded in plates, poor guy really was a sap to not stop me, but, I learned as will Aaron! I too look fwd to seeing this project progress over the next several months.

No way!!!! You're the sultan of spot welds!!! Shiek sawzall!! Capt'n chop saw!! Master of the mig!!! :grin:

I know we all have to start somewhere - like a Colonel's car :rolling::rolling: - but looking at your current projects you've come a long way.

I know, the poor guy, he was too nice to stop me, but, he had to be an idiot as the Mercedes was a 2 dr Convert. V8, very nice, and Bubba here was welding in some diamond plate for floors! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I know, the poor guy, he was too nice to stop me, but, he had to be an idiot as the Mercedes was a 2 dr Convert. V8, very nice, and Bubba here was welding in some diamond plate for floors! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OMG ! ....Diamond Plate for a floor board ! .....In a Mercedes Conv. !......That's Hilarious !.....The Colonel had a 1 of a kind "Custom" Mercedes Conv. with Diamond plate floor boards !.......What were you smoking ?......That's too funny, You made me laugh till I hurt ! :rolling:

Last edited:

Everyone needs to know. How did he like them floors? :rolling:

Cliff , Now you know who you can contact if you want to "Upgrade" the Doba with a "Custom Diamond Plate Floor Board" :rolling: I wonder if he used the chrome diamond plate ? :rolling:

Dang real chrome???? Blinding to say the least.

I know, when I think back, it was like the blind in one eye leading the totally blind! And, the funny part was I was a frigging Private, straight out of Welding school, and he was a Lieutenant Colonel in charge of the Marksmanship unit at Ft. Benning GA.

I can imagine, say in 2002 this Colonel took this car to a restoration shop and they laughed at my 'work'! After all, I laugh at the stuff I uncover in my Media Blasting ventures!

I know, when I think back, it was like the blind in one eye leading the totally blind! And, the funny part was I was a frigging Private, straight out of Welding school, and he was a Lieutenant Colonel in charge of the Marksmanship unit at Ft. Benning GA.

I can imagine, say in 2002 this Colonel took this car to a restoration shop and they laughed at my 'work'! After all, I laugh at the stuff I uncover in my Media Blasting ventures!

Have you ever herd from him?

Never heard from him, ever.

Being a Col. he was one step away from a General. Might want to change your name ,address,and social to hide from him.In case he see this thread.:rolling:

After all, I laugh at the stuff I uncover in my Media Blasting ventures!

I restored a Superbird in the early 90s, I found chicken wire supported by coat hangers covered with window screening over the chicken wire, tied to it with bread ties,.....that was covered up by GOD only knows how much Bondo in one of the quarter panels, ....someone was one Hell of a sculptor, .....I laugh about this now, but I didn't see the Humor when I found it. :rolling:

I just caught what Old Tired Rebel said, pretty funny...have I 'herd' from him yet!!! :rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling:
No, I havn't, nor do I expect to either! Yeah, I admit it...I was a boob then! Sadly, I see others' work, and I am usually silent if the work is done in the bozo school of metalwork, but very critical on my own stuff!!!

I pulled the engine and 4-speed recently finally cleaned off the gunk on the block to find it is a 400? Very strange indeed. There is also no vin stamped on the block? Its just blank there. Would this have been some sort of warranty replacement, or just a swap at one point in its life? Good news on the transmission is it has the vin stamped on it and it matches the other stampings.
Pics:
SANY0006.jpg

SANY0005.jpg

SANY0003.jpg

SANY0001.jpg

Good to see this thread brought back. Engine was replaced at some point after`72, which is when they started producing the 400. How is the rest of the project coming?.

Auto Transport Service
Back