• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

absolutely epic rant from car restorer

I know of a restorer up here that treats his customers just like that. I know. I worked for him briefly. When I heard him talk to his customers. I did not want anything to do with the shop. Knowing that those were people I knew from a certain car club I was a member of. They all had money. And he tried bleeding them out of there funds. On a weekly base.
And what does that have to do with the subject at hand? You've read posts from members who know of this guy and they say he helps people.
I would never portray myself like that guy does on some video, thats not my thing but notice he has many u tube videos. Its nothing more than a BS act he cooked up. GYC is the same nonsense. We had a member here who had his car done by GYC, he told anybody who read his posts what that shop was like to deal with and myself i met a guy who also had his car done there and he said the same thing. MW is not like what he portrays on TV
Its a act, these guys produce this garbage videos and people buy it as fact hook line and sinker.
I see were you can subscribe to the U tube videos, if that doesn't prove its all BS, I dont know what does

And what does that have to do with the subject at hand? You've read posts from members who know of this guy and they say he helps people.
I would never portray myself like that guy does on some video, thats not my thing but notice he has many u tube videos. Its nothing more than a BS act he cooked up. GYC is the same nonsense. We had a member here who had his car done by GYC, he told anybody who read his posts what that shop was like to deal with and myself i met a guy who also had his car done there and he said the same thing. MW is not like what he portrays on TV
Its a act, these guys produce this garbage videos and people buy it as fact hook line and sinker.
I see were you can subscribe to the U tube videos, if that doesn't prove its all BS, I dont know what does
Folks could take those videos different ways. For those that say its a act. Thats good. At least I know. But there are others that wouldnt. As for what I wrote. The person up here has the same motor mouth and comes across very nasty , it just reminded me of the same.

Folks could take those videos different ways. For those that say its a act. Thats good. At least I know. But there are others that wouldnt. As for what I wrote. The person up here has the same motor mouth and comes across very nasty , it just reminded me of the same.
I dont doubt you at all and im not defended these videos. I fail to see the purpose in acting out like a idiot loud mouth. I wouldn't watch anymore of these videos, the same as I dont watch GYC. I find it obnoxious but thats just me, others may enjoy this type of humor.
Im only saying it all a BS act.

Is all acting, you shoud check his channel at YouTube some of the videos are quite interesting, am subscribed, yes he had bad temper, and a bad mouth but seems to know what he's talking about , he show you how to replace quarters, how to properly sand a car, how to use bondo and a lot other stuff.
I give the guy credit for being honest, the best restoration work I’ve see on this site is from guys working on their own projects. Wonder why that is?
Most will do it for themselves, but can’t make money doing it for someone else. Not a knock just reality.

Is all acting, you shoud check his channel at YouTube some of the videos are quite interesting, am subscribed, yes he had bad temper, and a bad mouth but seems to know what he's talking about , he show you how to replace quarters, how to properly sand a car, how to use bondo and a lot other stuff.
Yeah...but you can learn how to do all that stuff from nice people too. :)

I’ll say only this - the guy needs a haircut or at least get some better pharma.... I would think it’s all an act as well. But even an act - you must have an element of that inside you. I also sympathize a bit too. The small business owner has a tough road ahead. I insured many, many of them and saw the struggles. That guy had a lot of cars in his shop for a one man band but maybe he ought to think about another gig after 40 years. I’ll bet he’s a little rough after all that

I like him, he speaks the truth. This isn’t just about the car industry, it’s a nationwide problem, people want TV quality work but don’t want to pay for it. They don’t see the work involved in a job, only the price, then they try to best that down. I work for a 2 man operation, we do top quality work, don’t advertise, and are busy over our heads in work all the time. We have to tell people all the time that we can’t do their job because we are currently serving other customers and doing top quality work. When it’s their turn, they will get the same quality, but no amount of money will draw us away until we are done. People don’t understand that, they think because they have money that you should jump to their wishes. It gets frustrating, dealing with people, that’s why I don’t own the business.

I wholeheartedly agree with the above post, the best workmanship I’ve seen is by members doing their own work, because it’s their timeframe and at their pace. And also there is a love for the car that shows in their work. Unfortunatey, most of us have jobs outside of our hobby, and it takes much longer to do that quality of work.

Im only saying it all a BS act.

This guy has 52K subscribers. That's allot. He probably makes some decent coin on his videos. This act could be a way to be different from the many other car repair YouTube vloggers out there. He wouldn't last very long, working every day long hours as he says, and making videos if he didn't like it. Remember that 10 minutes of video can take an hour or more of editing so someone is driving this forward.

Auto Transport Service
Back