• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Acceptable Time Period for Date/Period Correct Engine

Non matching numbers engine doesn't matter even if it was made the same day and shift. They are only original once.
After that it is just a pissing party....

You are not wrong here. I had no option of an original engine, so I went with one that was close.

Chrysler didn't Always use engine blocks that quickly after block casting date....I Saw a factory built June '70 Cuda delivered to a dealership ( off the transporter) with a '69 cast dated HP stress relieved engine block.....There never seems a 100 % Mopar sure thing back in the good ole days !!

Thank you for the story! I will have to say that there was a long delay with my car and its engine. Lol

Use it, anything better / closer aint gonna squat in value or desirability

and ps, Ive never seen a HP stamped 400 that I can remember

Thank you. I ended up buying it. You are right.

The engine is a HP stamped 400, so they do exist. Just an FYI

You are not wrong here. I had no option of an original engine, so I went with one that was close.
You know, when you bury your foot in the loud pedal, you can’t tell whether it’s numbers matching or not!

Ma Mopar would rack block castings
outside of the foundry to let them
season for up to a year before being
shipped to the assembly plant.

Chrysler_Foundries_Block_Castings_Engines_Page_54.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back