• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adjustable Proportioning Valve or Non-Adjustable?

Coronutcase

Local time
9:26 AM
Reaction score
I'm converting my 67 Coronet to front 11"discs and keeping the rear original drums. I was sent the wrong booster, linkage and firewall plate and it got me to thinking... Should I just keep it manual? They said the MBM master cylinder can be used either way. The kit also contains an adjustable proportioning valve that plumbs after the original distribution block. When I called and told them I had the wrong parts, he suggested a replacement proportioning valve (non adjustable that goes in place of the original distribution block). Then another guy called me back and said he prefers the adjustable and keep the original distribution block. I don't care about originality on this car, I just want what will work best.

So my questions are: Do I use the adjustable prop valve along with the original dist block... or remove the original dist block and install the replacement non-adjustable proportioning valve?

2nd question: Do I go manual or per with this master cylinder (MC5621)? I may put a bigger cam in someday, but who knows?

Try it first with the system the way it is. If it doesn't lock up, you may save yourself time & trouble.

With no proportioning valve at all, just the original distribution block? I guess if it works, it would save some plumbing!

Thanks for the reply.

For simplicity, I used the stock style non-adjustable proportioning valve and it seems to work perfectly....BUT haven't had the chance to fully test panic stops (project still in process).

I went from manual drums to the power disks/rear drums. There is no way in hell I would go back to manual brakes of any kind on a b body.

Auto Transport Service
Back