• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Advice- cheater slicks on 64 fury

Steve009

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:56 PM
Reaction score
does anyone know how wide radir cheater slicks I can get on my stock 64 sport fury without any modifications? I want to use black 15" steelies. The guy at Radir thinks the 7.75-15 will fit no problem but the 8.2-15 may be tight. Anyone know if the 8.2 fit? Also what width/offset rim if anyone has done this combo? I'm trying to get the widest possible without mods.

Thanks,
-Steve

Any idea about the dimensions of this tire. Height and width?

I run a 275/60/15 drag radial on a 15x8 rim with 4 1/2inch back spacing. It's about as large as tire as will fit without rubbing. If you need tire dimensions, just check with tire suppliers. I looked at Tiresize.com, and it says 28 inches tall,10.8wide.

Any idea about the dimensions of this tire. Height and width?

the Radir website says the 7.75-15 are 26.5" tall, 8-9" width, and 7" tread width
the 8.2-15 are 29" tall, section width of 12", and tread width of 8.5"

the section width is what worries me as they are a bulky tire. I would really like to be able to use the 8.2-15

I run a 275/60/15 drag radial on a 15x8 rim with 4 1/2inch back spacing. It's about as large as tire as will fit without rubbing. If you need tire dimensions, just check with tire suppliers. I looked at Tiresize.com, and it says 28 inches tall,10.8wide.

from what you can see on your car do you think you could add an inch to the height? 29"? the radirs are 29" tall and 8.2 inches wide.

My 65 is not tubbed and I still have an inch of width at the top. My M/T cheaters are 8.20 x 15 on 8" black steelies.
IMG_3110.JPG

My 65 is not tubbed and I still have an inch of width at the top. My M/T cheaters are 8.20 x 15 on 8" black steelies.
View attachment 354165

that's the look! man that looks so killer. thanks for the pic! is that a 29" tall tire? do you suggest M/T over radir? do you know the backspacing on the rim?

Yes, they are 29".....I can't remember the backspacing. I'm not home and won't be back until mid September, if you're not in a hurry I will check it out for you when I get back. As far as brand choice I am not familiar with Radir, sorry.

Yes, they are 29".....I can't remember the backspacing. I'm not home and won't be back until mid September, if you're not in a hurry I will check it out for you when I get back. As far as brand choice I am not familiar with Radir, sorry.

I'm not in a hurry I'll be buying them over the winter for next spring

I use a 30 x 9 Hoosier radial slick on my 63 Sport Fury. It fits fine on an 8" rim with room to spare and my wheelwell is stock and my springs are in stock location. I can easily fit a 10" wide tire under it and have enough room to fit a 31" tall tire. Ron

I use a 30 x 9 Hoosier radial slick on my 63 Sport Fury. It fits fine on an 8" rim with room to spare and my wheelwell is stock and my springs are in stock location. I can easily fit a 10" wide tire under it and have enough room to fit a 31" tall tire. Ron

Im really impressed with the amount of tire you can fit under these early B bodies without any modifications.

Im really impressed with the amount of tire you can fit under these early B bodies without any modifications.

This is one of the better pics of the tires on my car. These are the 30 x 9 and my wheelwells are completely stock. I could go wider but since I drive it on the street alot I like having about an inch clearance on the inside and outside of the tire as they do flex some on turns and I dont have to worry about them rubbing anywhere on turns. Ron

411474152.jpg

This is one of the better pics of the tires on my car. These are the 30 x 9 and my wheelwells are completely stock. I could go wider but since I drive it on the street alot I like having about an inch clearance on the inside and outside of the tire as they do flex some on turns and I dont have to worry about them rubbing anywhere on turns. Ron

411474152.jpg
that looks killer as well. I love the big Hoosier. I think I'm going to stick with the pie crust look but happy to hear the spacing available. what do you think of 15-8 black steelies in the back and 4" tri rib radirs in the front? i think that's the look i will go for.

I have a set of the Radirs- 7.75's for sale if you are interest....located in Canada. Checkered flag tread.

let me know

i'm running a 29.5 tall tire with 10" tread width cheater with a 15x8 4.5 backspacing wheel on my 65 plymouth with no issues

I have a set of the Radirs- 7.75's for sale if you are interest....located in Canada. Checkered flag tread.

let me know

Think I'm going to go with the 8.2 width but thanks for the offer

Auto Transport Service
Back