• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Advice on rv cam

Every cam card I've seen has all the info on the valve events. Opening and closing of both intake and exhaust in degrees when it's set at the recommended setting is listed. You can deviate the setting by a few degrees and then chart the events on a degree wheel and can chart out the events if the card is missing. Some cams respond very favorably to being advance a few degrees while others don't. Engine builders with lots of experience can pretty much tell you what a certain cam will do when it's moved a bit either way but man, it takes a lot of experience. Some can tell you based on the numbers what a cam might do in a certain combination but the best way to find out is by testing. Dynos tell a lot but on track testing is the best imo. I've had a good deal of experience with the old Mopar 284/484 cam in 440's and they seem to work pretty well in a mild build advanced 4 degrees for one example.....

....then you have cams with the advance ground into them........

I'm looking at an RV cam duration @ .050/204/214-int.exh.278/288-valve lift 420/443 lobe suspension 107-117 any thoughts?

Auto Transport Service
Back