• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

After Marker Seat Brackets That Fit??

WaterBoy

Local time
9:32 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone have any first hand expirence with an aftermarket bucket seat bracket that actually fits? Was going to get a set of Procar Rally seats with their brackets but apparently after reading a bunch of reviews the brackets dont even come close to fitting? Thanks for the help!

I did install Scat Rally seat brackets in my 65 and it was "involved" but turned out great. The brackets are totally "universal" so welding is required.
Mike

I did install Scat Rally seat brackets in my 65 and it was "involved" but turned out great. The brackets are totally "universal" so welding is required.
Mike

Thanks for the reply. Did the seats sit higher than stock? You wouldn't happen to have a picture would you?

I set the brackets as close as possible to the floor, in fact I had to cut off the lowest mounting holes on the inside seat attachment (3 holes ). I used steel blocks on the front inner bracket mounts (welded to floor with a drilled and tapped hole) and the supplied universal weld on attachment "angles" for the other 3 corners. The seat height turned out good for me (6' tall, long torso).
Mike

I was thinking of ordering the same seats, but you're right, the reviews of the universal brackets say they don't fit. I'd prefer to be able to install them myself and I don't weld, so I'm looking for a way to mount them without screwing around with the brackets too much.

Rob,
I think you could bend 3 of the 4 brackets into a "C" shape to allow bolting through the floor and use a spacer on the front inner (too short for a "C" shape) to allow a longer bolt for attachment. Be sure to use fender washers on the bottom side.
Mike

Rob,
I think you could bend 3 of the 4 brackets into a "C" shape to allow bolting through the floor and use a spacer on the front inner (too short for a "C" shape) to allow a longer bolt for attachment. Be sure to use fender washers on the bottom side.
Mike

I bit the bullet and ordered a set of ProCar Rally 1000's and the brackets. I was getting the interior ready to replace the carpets and thought might as well do it now....
2016-11-20 20.04.59.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back