• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

After my engine break-in - I find this.

Looking on the Summit website I see the Isky solid lifter is a sold body design that does not have the outside band with the oil hole.
1660482924797.png

Would this lifter work?
Or does it have to have the outside oiling hole?

So, I finally got a response from Dave at Hughes.

Hi John, sorry for the long lack of response, but I was out of commission & on doctor-ordered be-rest for way too long for my preferences.

From your email & pictures, I believe you have correctly determined the reasons, I’m just sorry you experienced this. The lifters were not rotating as they should. We explain how to check this in our assembly instructions. I assume you did verify rotation during assembly originally – this can’t be overlooked on a cam installation. We have no experience with engines sitting for an extended period of time; we do get questions about long-term engine storage. I suggest that all stored engines should be disassembled, cleaned thoroughly and re-assembled, with as little “open time” as possible. Yes, it’s a pain, but the results of not doing it could be far worse.

Thanks for the comments and pictures and we look forward to being your partner of choice on your future projects!

Dave & the Team at:

Hughes Engines, inc
23334 Wiegand Lane
Washington, IL 61571
309-745-9558
[email protected]

Auto Transport Service
Back