• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aftermarket Frame Rails

Go Fly

Local time
3:46 PM
Reaction score
Just disassembled my 70 Challenger (I know it's not a B Body) i have been on this site a long time and my question is universal.

I've decided to put aftermarket frame rails on all 4 sides.

AMD is getting harder and more expensive these days.

Any other manufactures recommended?

Just disassembled my 70 Challenger (I know it's not a B Body) i have been on this site a long time and my question is universal.

I've decided to put aftermarket frame rails on all 4 sides.

AMD is getting harder and more expensive these days.

Any other manufactures recommended?
Not sure what you mean by frame rails on all 4 sides but try here for great stiffening components. https://uscartool.com/

I used a Goodmark E body front drivers side on my 71 Satellite. Worked perfectly. Got it from RockAuto but that was a few years ago.

Do you actually have 4 bad frame rails? You will need a frame table and make some jigs.

Do you actually have 4 bad frame rails? You will need a frame table and make some jigs.
Bad enough to change out given new floors, inner panels, rockers, trunk pan, etc, etc.

Its going to be done tied down to a frame jig.

AMD has all but the driver front in stock but wondering if anyone had luck with other brands.

Did 3 out of 4 on the Bee, only the OE drivers remains. Rears came from Classics as the only folks that had stock. They weren't AMD and not sure who's they were, but they fit fine.
beerestowaynebodyshopvisits 005.JPG
beerestowaynebodyshopvisits 006.JPG
beerestowaynebodyshopvisits 007.JPG
beerestowaynebodyshopvisits 008.JPG
beerestowaynebodyshopvisits 009.JPG
beerestowaynebodyshopvisits 010.JPG
beerestowaynebodyshopvisits 011.JPG
beerestowaynebodyshopvisits 012.JPG
beerestowaynebodyshopvisits 013.JPG
beerestowaynebodyshopvisits 014.JPG

Ah, I'm up to speed now. Age. You were talking actual frame rails. Sorry.
I have used several AMD parts over the years and they seem to fit fairly well with a little modification.
I have never used their frame rails though. Never had a car that needed them.
It looks like Dad has the experience though. I would listen to him.

Auto Transport Service
Back