• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alan Page's Charger

64BEL

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:10 PM
Reaction score
I was watching the Alan Page episode of A Football Life on the NFL network recently and saw he used to drag race a Charger. So I looked it up and found these 2 interesting links. Alan was one of my favorite players in the '70s. In fact, I wore his number 88 as a lineman in junior high. Pretty cool - especially if you were a Vikings fan in the '70s

https://books.google.com/books?id=P...TAC#v=onepage&q=alan page drag racing&f=false

I saw that too, interesting he was a car/Mopar guy too...

Car's name was "Freedom", in big bold gold leaf lettering on "Purple" paint
he allegedly drove it around on the street a lot too
his GF latter wife said; to paraphrase, it was fast & really loud :poke:

Last edited:
Yeah, actually it was a Super Bee - I failed to mention that in the original post.

The Google Books link has a color photo and a story on it. It was a Ramcharger hood car, too.

would be interesting to see if you could zoom in on the door sticker and get the vin , wonder where it is now

Since the Giants stunk back then, I was (and still am) a Vikings fan. Fran Tarkenton was my favorite player (Vikings AND Giants) & the purple people eaters were great. Wish they won at least one SB with Bud Grant.

Great to see a Wisconsinite as a Viking fan. I'm originally from Minnesota and went to all the playoff games back then. The Purple People Eaters were awesome. Page was a leader. Yeah it's just too bad they couldn't have pulled of one SB victory with those great teams of the 70's. Still love em though!

Well, I'm a Packers fan now. But back in the '70s my family lived in Omaha and we got all of the Vikings games on TV there - they were my team. I still enjoy watching the old footage of those Vikings teams - even with the many painful Super Bowl memories from back then. When they were playing outdoors at the Met with no heaters on the sidelines - those were the days! They need to do A Football Life on Jim Marshall - he really has the stories to tell from his off the field adventures!

I'm also a Vikings fan from the days of Page and Eller ...living in Buffalo it was a little difficult but.. the Bills sucked.. oh yeah, they still do! ... OJ was here before he killed people and he would run the ball and they would lose, and he would run some more and they would lose some more .. love defensive football and the Vikes were great at that.. worked with Chuck Foremans aunt way back, she got me a autographed picture ..... Bud Grant, they don't get any better.

"his 400-cubic inch Dodge Charger which, during the summer months when he’s not chasing an opposing quarterback, he races on a drag strip, shown May 15, 1971."

The 400 wasn't available in 1971.

"his 400-cubic inch Dodge Charger which, during the summer months when he’s not chasing an opposing quarterback, he races on a drag strip, shown May 15, 1971."

The 400 wasn't available in 1971.
The other link lists it as a 383. I'm guessing the 400 reference was just the usual inaccurate reporting of an auto ignorant writer.

ZPJrgpG.gif

He leases it...

???

so I take that's a "no" to one of you computer wizzes getting the door vin from the picture

so I take that's a "no" to one of you computer wizzes getting the door vin from the picture
I zoomed in on it but it's too blurry. There used to be a guy on here who would enhance photos - don't know if he could do anything with it.

Auto Transport Service
Back