• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alignment Shop in North County of San Diego?

67Satty

Local time
9:14 PM
Reaction score
I had a horrible experience at a shop in Oceanside last Saturday that shall remain nameless.

Can someone please recommend a shop in the North County area of San Diego county that has experience aligning old Mopars? Prefer a crusty, crabby old guy who is at least 60 years old who has been aligning Mopars for decades and knows what torsion bars are. Thanks!

Read on if you want to know about what happened.

I looked up some Yelp reviews of them and they seemed to get a lot of positive reviews so I submitted a question on their website asking if they had experience aligning old cars and they said sure no problem, bring it down. So I made an appointment for 9 am Saturday.

I dropped it off, told the guy I was bringing it in because it pulls to the right, gave the counter guy the specs I wanted and asked how much it will cost. He said he didn't know it depends on if it needs shims. I said Mopars don't use shims. I go home and an hour later the counter guy calls and asks me again what specs I want.

A couple hours later they text and say it's ready. I show up and they show me their printout of the specs it is set to: 3.5 caster on the left, 2.7 caster on the right, toe is 1/4", don't remember the camber. WTF? I said I told you it was pulling to the right and how do you think making it have more caster on the left is going to help that???

Lots of back and forth, test drive to prove it's still pulling to the right, me asking why don't you just take some caster out of the left so it's equal to the right, them saying no we can't it's out of adjustment, maybe one of your springs is broken, me saying it doesn't have springs, it has torsion bars, etc...etc...They messed with it some more and know it pulls to the left!!!

Don't tell us your problems with a shop, let alone keeping your So-Cal folks in the dark. Call the BBB and have them fix the $h!t. I can't help with a shop.

What's your major malfunction dude? Since I wasn't happy, they didn't charge me a penny, so there is no beef or case for the BBB. If you don't have anything helpful to add to this thread, then just move along please.

If someone local wants to PM to know the shop to avoid bringing your Mopar to for an alignment, I will tell them. But I'm not in the habit of dragging a small business name through the mud on a public forum, that goes against my code.

67Satty
Name the shop.
That way others in the area will know not to go there.

Do what I always do:

1. Research the area and go talk to the Shop Owners.
2. Check out their equipment
3. Ask if they have experience in Timing torsion bars.

67 Satty, I don't know anywhere in San Diego but I have a great guy In central Orange County. Just took my Wagon over for a Drag Race alignment. . Me in the car, with suspension rise as if going down the track, set to my specs.. All for $125. They spent an hour and a half getting it perfect. And if I remember correctly you are taking your car to the track pretty regularly. . You might want to get it aligned with you in the car at suspension rise to ensure it goes straight at speed on the track.

Here is a picture I snapped when it went on the rack.

Attachments

• Wagon.align.jpg
    Wagon.align.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
What's your major malfunction dude? Since I wasn't happy, they didn't charge me a penny, so there is no beef or case for the BBB.
See, Now, if you had said that in the first place, that would have changed my answer to begin with, and you wouldn't have taken such offence to it.

If someone local wants to PM to know the shop to avoid bringing your Mopar to for an alignment, I will tell them. But I'm not in the habit of dragging a small business name through the mud on a public forum, that goes against my code.
But it goes against the code that you will be pimping fellow members in your area that might/could/will get suckered by this business in the future. Real help that is, now that's what I call being a real pal.

67 Satty, I don't know anywhere in San Diego but I have a great guy In central Orange County. Just took my Wagon over for a Drag Race alignment. . Me in the car, with suspension rise as if going down the track, set to my specs.. All for $125. They spent an hour and a half getting it perfect. And if I remember correctly you are taking your car to the track pretty regularly. . You might want to get it aligned with you in the car at suspension rise to ensure it goes straight at speed on the track.

I'd be willing to drive it up there if you want to let me what they are called. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

See, Now, if you had said that in the first place, that would have changed my answer to begin with, and you wouldn't have taken such offence to it.

Well, you know what they say about ASSuming. Maybe you shouldn't have made assumptions and gotten yourself all worked up over nothing.

Accurate Alignment
971 N. Batavia St.
Orange, California
714-538-1916. Chris is the owners name.

And I am no way affiliated with them, just a satisfied customer.

This won't help you, but I only go to Fred at Five Points Tire in Redwood City, Ca. Car goes straight. Ask for him if you call. 650 365-0280. He's and old track guy and does the exotics for local Dealers.

67 Satty - Do you still have the 14x5.5 steel wheels from your Satellite you were trying to sell awhile back? If so, please PM me. Thx! Joe

Auto Transport Service
Back