• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

All the hard work paid off

dvw

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:46 AM
Reaction score
The debut of the turbo Duster at the Detroit Autorama went well. Grabbed 1st in class. Also recieved the Master Builder award. That award pooled all the cars at the show not built in profesional shops. Pretty proud of that one since it was built in my garage. Jeff was on cloud nine.
Doug

20240303_155147.jpg

20240303_153619.jpg

FB_IMG_1709425642799.jpg

The debut of the turbo Duster at the Detroit Autorama went well. Grabbed 1st in class. Also recieved the Master Builder award. That award pooled all the cars at the show not built in profesional shops. Pretty proud of that one since it was built in my garage. Jeff was on cloud nine.
Doug

View attachment 1620800

View attachment 1620801

View attachment 1620802
"Innocent until proven guilty"
D. Please send my congrats to Jeff with this breakthrough. What a beautiful car. With that mill, it must be an animal underneath that innocent coat.

Congrats.. Great accomplishment and if it runs as good as it looks an even BETTER accomplishment!!!

Congrats.. Great accomplishment and if it runs as good as it looks an even BETTER accomplishment!!!
It ran 9.55@142 in my sons 62 Savoy. At 3775lbs that was over 850hp to the wheels (22psi). We won't turn it up that much without a rollbar. No transbrake either to build boost. Even backed off to 13-14psi it'll go mid 10's
Doug

Damn, i didn't realize a 62 is that heavy, my title says 3050.. no cage and **** though.

It ran 9.55@142 in my sons 62 Savoy. At 3775lbs that was over 850hp to the wheels (22psi). We won't turn it up that much without a rollbar. No transbrake either to build boost. Even backed off to 13-14psi it'll go mid 10's
Doug
Man, that small block hair dryer would've been a terror in my car.
What I really love about this A-team car is its plainclothes flat hood.

Doug, is that the 360 using a stock crank/rods? I might rethink the stroker thing and just do a 10.5:1 360.. i don't need crazy power, just fun power :)

Stock crank and block. It ran stock rods for awhile. Never an issue but we wanted to run over 20psi. It got Eagle rods. My Challenger runs stock 360 crank, rods, block. It makes enough steam to run 12.50@110.
Doug

Stock crank and block. It ran stock rods for awhile. Never an issue but we wanted to run over 20psi. It got Eagle rods. My Challenger runs stock 360 crank, rods, block. It makes enough steam to run 12.50@110.
Doug

Thanks.... i would be happy with mid-low 12s, just want something i don't have to wring out and worry bout blowing up..

Looks great! Congratulations!

(my favorite Mopar color too!)

Well done Doug and Jeff! It is nice to have recognition for all your hard work. Be proud!

Totally awesome. Congratulations to all that had a hand in building and designing it. Kim
I had a hand on it's build........................ by spending an hour or so looking for a special nut washer that had been dropped and rolled somewhere in the shop. LOL.

Congrats :thumbsup: to both of you

Auto Transport Service
Back