• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alternator switch... who has done it..

67coronetman

Local time
11:21 AM
Reaction score
Ok guys today i was putting my stuff back on my 440 motor on a run in stand and i set my high dollar Powermaster 100 amp on the work bench and it rolled off and Cracked the back case on it... So with that said i have been looking to fix or Replace it with the Denso 60 amp Alternator Swap i hear so much about has any one used this setup and does it work well because my current one worked Awesome never had a Dim lights at Idle ever i have read that the Swap for the Denso setup works great all the time and never goes Dim ... So what say you all....!!

I did the swap with a 60 then went to a 120. Everything lined up perfect with the brackets and I have zero complaints.

I did the swap with a 60 then went to a 120. Everything lined up perfect with the brackets and I have zero complaints.
So they make 120 amp alternator I did not know that is it still Denso or another brand and do you know what cars that that alternator came on the 120 amp any help would be greatly appreciated thank you very much sir

It's the Toyota alt. swap conversion. You can get the brackets from Hughes and then get on ebay and find the alt. you want. And yes, it's still a Denso.

Auto Transport Service
Back