• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Am I screwed? Loud knocking

Remflex screen reinforced gasket. Remcharger's is a long term fix.
I just installed them on my 440 with TTI headers. I was replacing mine (I tried different brands and types) every few years until I read about the Remflex in Mopar Action. You have to be very gentle with them while installing, they're extremely fragile until they are installed. The slightest bend can break them, but once they are in you're golden. Make sure not to overtorque them, Remflex has it right on the package, 20 lbsft.

Last edited:
I just installed them on my 440 with TTI headers. I was replacing mine (I tried different brands and types) every few years until I read about the Remflex in Mopar Action. You have to be very gentle with them while installing, they're extremely fragile until they are installed. The slightest bend can break them, but once they are in you're golden. Make sure not to overtorque them, Remflex has it right on the package, 20lbsft.
Agree 100% they're fragile, had to buy 2 collector gaskets broke one. With headers like to use thread to tie them to headers if there are no studs. On stock don't know if that works.

Agree 100% they're fragile, had to buy 2 collector gaskets broke one. With headers like to use thread to tie them to headers if there are no studs. On stock don't know if that works.
I broke one of the header gaskets during my first attempt. I used masking tape the the second time. I like the thread idea much better, wish I would have thought of it!

Anyone have a Part Number for a set of Exhaust Manifold gaskets from Remflex ? Car is a '71 GTX 440 with Factory HP Manifolds. Also the Best vendor to get them from. Thanks

Anyone have a Part Number for a set of Exhaust Manifold gaskets from Remflex ? Car is a '71 GTX 440 with Factory HP Manifolds. Also the Best vendor to get them from. Thanks
This is from the Remflex site. You can verify the fitment there.

MOPAR Header/Exhaust Manifold Gasket

Don't buy directly from them, I did and they charged $47.29 almost $30 shipping. I damaged one of them and had to order another set.

I ordered the same item on Amazon prime for approx $37 and no shipping. Just go to amazon and search for remflex 6002

Auto Transport Service
Back