• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AMF Parts Panels

LR1970

Local time
3:25 AM
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Anyone used the AMF Parts panels? They have the 63-65 rear quarters I have been looking for. Just would like to hear feedback from anyone first before I buy anything.

Thank you

Leigh

Last edited:
Hi everyone. Anyone used the AMY Parts panels? They have the 63-65 rear quarters I have been looking for. Just would like to hear feedback from anyone first before I buy anything.

Thank you

Leigh
AMF or AMY or AMD?
Mike

Maybe worth a phone call and see if you can get a live human being. I’ve seen patch panels that resemble them around for a while. Someone must have some dies to crank out some runs. Kramer is the big dealer for 62-65 stuff, maybe compare prices to them. Not saying one preferred over the other, but Kramer advertises, has a rep to uphold, strong swap meet presence at the major shows.

I looked at some pics from the AMF site and I betcha some of those panels are hand formed ,not stamped. Atrocious is a word that comes to mind. Better than nothing, I suppose. Expect them to require quite a bit of work to look good.

Thanks everyone, I had a feeling the panels would be just s starting point and would need a lot of work, better than nothing I guess or starting from just a piece of flat metal.

They look like the Sherman patch pieces I used. Pretty crude: they look like they were beaten out over a stump. But, there is nothing else out there. AMD did full quarters for '64 Plymouth, once, but they are gone. I asked AMD a long time ago, if they were going to do full quarters for '64 Dodge. They said these were not even on the radar.

P4230177.JPG

P4230179.JPG

P4230181.JPG

Looks like they have those 66/67 Coronet wheel arch patches.
Not easy to find.
I've heard those are not too bad.

Thank you for the info on the patch panels. Been helping my 17 year old on his 74 RR and have only been able to find internal metal parts. Seems no one is making any additional external full panels for these cars. I know they may not be the most desirable at the moment, but for years neither were any old car. Only time will get them there, so maybe time will allow more companies to see these newer cars are what the future holds for the youth of today.

Auto Transport Service
Back