• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

an update on the motor and hopefully some help

benno440

Local time
11:53 PM
Reaction score
i definetly have a rear seal leak it is literally running out, ahhh well.

now my other dilemma still got fuel problem hopefully can get some thoughts on what might be the problem

yesterday had the inlet and outlet lines on the pump going into separate jerry cans after filling the float bowls up i started the engine to test the pump nothing came through at all.

we pulled the pump off and bench tested it and it worked fine, so i thought maybe its the pushrod i pulled that out and i can clearly see it is hitting the cam and i verified the length is ok, now the cam and puchrod are both brand new so shouldnt be a problem.

what do you think could be my problem?

i have this pump http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rpu-2000/overview/make/dodge

Does your pump need to be primed? Did you pull your fuel line loose at the tank and pump and blow air through it? Is it open? If so, Is your pick-up submerged in fuel? Check it by putting a length of hose on the pick-up barb and blowing into the tank. Do you get resistance and hear bubbles? If all the above checks out, open your gas cap and try cranking again. My bet is on the prime or you forgot to add fuel....lol

blow air through gas cap and fuel gets to the pump but not past the pump, pump wasnt primed as instructions said i didnt need to. tank has 40 litres in it.

the issue i believe is at the pump and pushrod.

If oil is running out, most likely, you have installed the rear main seal backwards. As for the fuel pump, I think you know where I stand on that issue.

nah seal went in right way with lip facing the oil side, i guess ill find out when i drop it out.

with the pump i have just bought all the return lines and weld in bung a better fuel filter, if this does not work i will go an electric, still got to figure out why the cam is not pushing the pushrod on the pump properly though

Auto Transport Service
Back