• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ann Heche rammed her Mini Cooper through a house, at speed and was trapped in the burning car.

Some of her choices don't effect me and I couldn't care less. However at 53 YO thinking that getting amped up and driving your little crapbox at 60MPH through residential areas endangering other people is not something a person would want to be remembered for.

She crashed a few blocks north of the Costco and Home Depot my brother and mom frequent.

So this behavior hits a little close to home. I’ve certainly driven on those streets before.

Well she died so I hope that taught her a lesson.

One hope I hold out for is to be sure her assets make the poor woman that lost everything far more than whole.. She lost everything - including her business equipt. I believe you can sue her estate. Anyone know?

"Unfortunately, due to her accident, Anne suffered a severe anoxic brain injury and remains in a coma, in critical condition," a rep for the family told the publication, adding, "She is not expected to survive."

She was supposedly talking after the accident and there is video of her sitting up on the stretcher as she was being wheeled out of the wreck. Makes you wonder if it was the drugs that kicked in rather than a head injury.

One hope I hold out for is to be sure her assets make the poor woman that lost everything far more than whole.. She lost everything - including her business equipt. I believe you can sue her estate. Anyone know?

Surely, that's why she immediately lawyered up. Plus her neighbors/friends started a go fund me which is reportedly over $100K

"Unfortunately, due to her accident, Anne suffered a severe anoxic brain injury and remains in a coma, in critical condition," a rep for the family told the publication, adding, "She is not expected to survive."

She was supposedly talking after the accident and there is video of her sitting up on the stretcher as she was being wheeled out of the wreck. Makes you wonder if it was the drugs that kicked in rather than a head injury.
Brain swelling takes some time and then you're done if the pressure isn't relieved in time; and then there were probably other brain damage to boot.

R.I.P.

You would think somebody's insurance would be covering damage and losses. i'm no fan of insurance companies BUT if there's a "go fund me" then it should be one or the other. The purpose isn't to turn the victim into a millionaire !

Fortunately only property was lost,she could have seriously hurt or killed other people besides herself! Property can be replaced and rebuilt.

You would think somebody's insurance would be covering damage and losses. i'm no fan of insurance companies BUT if there's a "go fund me" then it should be one or the other. The purpose isn't to turn the victim into a millionaire !

I agree.

Lot of these Go Fund Me deals are double dipping and profiteering.

Now it takes some time to get insurance payouts. And chances are she'll lawyer up wanting more than the 1st insurance offer.

The renter has a business that’s shut down right now. That sometimes can just kill a business. So the faster she is up and running the better for her.

IMHO, they should take the Go Fund Me amount from the insurance/settlement payout. But I don't think that will or can happen.

Last edited:
I agree.

Lot of these Go Fund Me deals are double dipping and profiteering.

Now it takes some time to get insurance payouts. And chances are she'll lawyer up wanting more than the 1st insurance offer.

The renter has a business that it shut down right now that sometimes can just kill a business. So the faster she is up and running the better for her.

IMHO, they should take the Go Fund Me amount from the insurance/settlement payout. But I don't that will or can happen.
Cause the insurance company needs to be subsidized by charitable folks on the internet....
I agree the profiteering is BS but I'd rather see the person who had the loss profit than the insurance company....

There is no correlation between a "go fund me" and an insurance claim. Go Fund Me was started by someone that was concerned for her situation and all funds are DONATIONS
If you want to send 5 bucks, 20 bucks that's up to the individual and is supposed to be an act of kindness and generosity.

Keep in mind, that your auto insurance has a maximum property damage liability. (You may want to actually read your policy, if you are not aware of this.) Insurance is not an open checkbook in the event of a claim. The limit is usually around $300K in my area. That isn't going to replace much of a house and contents. So the injured party has to sue the policy holder (driver), or their estate, to fully recover their losses. And, of course, that depends upon if the responsible driver has the additional assets to cover it. Most people would not have enough to cover a million dollar loss or judgement....

I don’t trust go fund me. When a car guy needs help, I’ll send them a check. Directly.

Hey Dennis, I’m eye 71’ Hemi Cuda convertible, 4speed, Dana 60…..can ya help a brother out?? Lol!!!

The homeowner’s insurance should pay every penny to fix or replace the dwelling and then sue the confused dykes auto insurance and estate.

I don’t trust go fund me. When a car guy needs help, I’ll send them a check. Directly.

Getting off topic, but GoFundMe is 100% legit. A friend of mine was saved from severe hardship when his wife got sick and he had to stop working for her care. It also allowed them to spend some final time together without losing everything (financially).

Like you, I too sent him a check direct, but structured donations like GoFundMe are good communication tools for awareness of the need and they fill the gap for legitimate donation needs.... It takes FAR too long for any government service to step in (Medicare, SS disability, etc.).

Hey Dennis, I’m eye 71’ Hemi Cuda convertible, 4speed, Dana 60…..can ya help a brother out?? Lol!!!

The homeowner’s insurance should pay every penny to fix or replace the dwelling and then sue the confused dykes auto insurance and estate.
Absolutely. Not sure about the Dana in an E though.

Auto Transport Service
Back