• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another disc brake conversion ???

67MPRFAN

Local time
5:11 AM
Reaction score
Doing the conversion on my 67 Plymouth and with the caliper on the right side it's at the. Low point if I switch sides left is up top but worried about brake hose routing see pictures which way will work

Thanks

0809201634_HDR.jpg 0809201632.jpg

Top picture is right caliper bottom is left caliper
Working on right side of car now

You bought two of the same calipers. You need both bleeder valve at the top or you risk not being able to remove the air. Bleeders are always up high.

The way they are positioned on the last picture is the correct way they should be. Top one on the left and bottom one on the right. I am perplexed as to why they are wrong in your first pictures.

Edit... Oh hell now I see what you are talking about. My bad the visual was messing with my head. Just install them with the bleeders up and the rubber lines will bend to accommodate the caliper position.

Are you mounting them in the front or the rear? I just did a 69 Ply wagon and they have to be mounted in the rear position on that car. That said, as has been stated, the bleeder must be at the top.

Don't know if this matters but I switched spindles so my calipers will be at the rear. I sourced my parts for 75 duster

What he was doing was swapping the calipers to position the brake line in different positions. I, for some reason couldn't see that in the first pictures and thought he had 2 of the same calipers.

Auto Transport Service
Back