• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Headliner question

Randy73

Local time
5:17 AM
Reaction score
I got the headliner on the bows and have them turned up and was in the process of setting the liner on the teeth when I suddenly realized that the row of teeth half way down the sail panel were at a different angle then the teeth around the rear window.
So do you have to glue the headliner to the teeth of the second row or is there a trick to getting them to stay in place?

Also, How do you keep the sides tight?

73 Charger

I'm in the process of putting mine in now, and I'm using three boxes of small and medium paper clips (the black spring metal with the silver squeeze clips) to hold the headliner tight on the sides while I'm gluing. I take some off, apply the glue to the "unclipped" area, then put the clips back on until I'm ready to put the trim on.

I'm in the process of putting mine in now, and I'm using three boxes of small and medium paper clips (the black spring metal with the silver squeeze clips) to hold the headliner tight on the sides while I'm gluing. I take some off, apply the glue to the "unclipped" area, then put the clips back on until I'm ready to put the trim on.

Good idea, glad I thought of it, LOL!!

Where are you at in FL? Maybe we could get together and have a headliner party. :) By the way, Office Max has a container of those clips, with like 40 of the small ones and 20 of the medium ones, for $8 or so.

Where are you at in FL? Maybe we could get together and have a headliner party. :) By the way, Office Max has a container of those clips, with like 40 of the small ones and 20 of the medium ones, for $8 or so.

I live in Vero, but right now I am up in Birmingham working. I got 40 small ones from Office depot for 2.99

The little ones seem to work the best. I got the front installed last night, and was starting on the back when I disovered the sail panels I have are for a Charger and not a Roadrunner! And of course, after seeing sail panels on ebay for months, now there isn't a one to be had. :(

Auto Transport Service
Back