• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another "What part is this" question for a 68..in the dash...

bandit67

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:25 AM
Reaction score
Guys, I think this part has something to do with the eight track player still in the car. Trying to figure out why the PO had taken out the glove box, glove box door taken off, and this piece unbolted and just laying in the tray. There are other wires ran in the dash that do not appear to be factory, as he has added a toggle switch and red light indicator. Have ordered a service manual but will be a while to arrive. thanks..

IMG_0174.jpg

Guys, I think this part has something to do with the eight track player still in the car. Trying to figure out why the PO had taken out the glove box, glove box door taken off, and this piece unbolted and just laying in the tray. There are other wires ran in the dash that do not appear to be factory, as he has added a toggle switch and red light indicator. Have ordered a service manual but will be a while to arrive. thanks..

View attachment 983426
It's the 8 track stereo three speaker dash crossover unit that is mounted to the cardboard glove box liner on top, out of view.

Thanks, pretty heavy for my ragged cardboard to hold up, will need a new one...

Auto Transport Service
Back