• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any folks use the 2 part spray cans?

Propwash

Local time
6:50 PM
Reaction score
Fellow automotive acrobat's................:icon_kidra:

At the local paint store, I see you can buy paint to order in a can that has a slot on the bottom to pop in hardener....Thus a 2 part mix relating to something coming out of the gun.

Guy at the store says you have about 24 hours to use the paint up after adding the hardener. Obviously it's gonna be tougher paint being a catalyst mix.

Anyone try these out yet?

I have seen guys work that have used them.I don't know if it was lack of ability or the spray pattern was terrible.The end result was terrible.I would stick to my paint guns!!!

Paint

Fellow automotive acrobat's................:icon_kidra:

At the local paint store, I see you can buy paint to order in a can that has a slot on the bottom to pop in hardener....Thus a 2 part mix relating to something coming out of the gun.

Guy at the store says you have about 24 hours to use the paint up after adding the hardener. Obviously it's gonna be tougher paint being a catalyst mix.

Anyone try these out yet?
I have tried them, they work. Make sure you buy extra and the same dye lot.

Thanks fella's! I'll have to try out a can painting a gravel pan or something. Can't really see a whole lotta areas where I wouldn't be spraying from a gun anyways, but you never know I guess. Could be handy in a pinch.

A little trick to prolong the curing in the can, or gun, after adding the hardner is to put it in the fridge. Im not sure just how long it will last but I have used it two days later and it was still ok. We had a custom shop doing artwork on vehicles and it did work...

I've used the two part primer with great results, but I didn't know about the top coat being available like that.

It's sure nice to get the spraying done and not have to worry about cleaning the equipment afterwards.

-=Photon=-

Auto Transport Service
Back