• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody doing any upgrades to their Race Cars over the winter?

racing with air cleaners..makes sense,i guess if u r not looking for that last ounce of bottom e.t. then better to be safe than sorry..i was thinking of using a velocity stack base and wire mess and foam over it,something like in the pic...View attachment 584988 any thoughts...

sounds like a velocity stack/air bell is the way to go..i have 2 of these that I might use..wrap them in ss mesh with olied foam for the street..looks like what they did.
63UnionGrove6091.jpg

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/qft-200-1qft/overview/

qft-200-1_w.jpg

any rocker clearance issues with those stock valve covers? I have had to cut the baffles out of mine to be able to run them with a .650 roller..gaskets r .200 thick but still not enough...whats the trick?thanks.I like the cometic gaskets but,i not sure they will still seal on a cast iron head rail..

I have a set the air bell/ stacks these definitely pick the car up over the small air cleaners. My comment early was air cleaners vs no air cleaners. I removed the baffles on the stock valve covers and run Harland sharp rockers with no clearance issues. My am is only .620 lift.

I went from a car that was working really well to a chassis redo. I was at a nostalgia race in October and in the semis the car made a violent move to the right at the hit. i putted down the track and found this.
ladder bar crack.jpg

And it continues. Ordered a new Molnar crank. Crank arrived yesterday. The rod journals are only available in Chevy width for the 4.500"/2.200" cranks. Of couse my rods are Mopar width 1.017", Chevy .992" So needless to say the entire engine came apart yesterday. This morning with the help of my good friend Phil at Fisher Precision I will learn to run the surface grinder. Lots of fun I'm sure to remove aprox .025" from the big end of each rod. Then onto the crank balancer. That I have experience with. I am very fortunate to have a buddy that owns a machine shop.
Doug

And it continues. Ordered a new Molnar crank. Crank arrived yesterday. The rod journals are only available in Chevy width for the 4.500"/2.200" cranks. Of couse my rods are Mopar width 1.017", Chevy .992" So needless to say the entire engine came apart yesterday. This morning with the help of my good friend Phil at Fisher Precision I will learn to run the surface grinder. Lots of fun I'm sure to remove aprox .025" from the big end of each rod. Then onto the crank balancer. That I have experience with. I am very fortunate to have a buddy that owns a machine shop.
Doug
Good ole Phil. Tell him Mr. Mopar from Roush says "Hey". Haven't seen or spoke to him in years since he left. Hope he is doing better health wise these days.

Thanks,
Took it out last weekend for test drive , ready for race season and warm weather.

Auto Transport Service
Back