• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody doing any upgrades to their Race Cars over the winter?

Where you get your lift from?
It’s my brother in laws he used to have a repair shop, I want to say he got it from the Cornwell tool truck but can’t remember for sure. It’s a decent lift as long as you’re not working in the middle of the car. Good for working on 4 corners, under engine or rearend

Heh, Heh, Heh, snowballed------That's cool

Having purchased the heads when they were first available, Summit didn't have the 270's so I settled for the 240's and had them massaged a bit. They should work fine, hopefully.
Bob
Cool, they’re nice heads. I think a couple guys are making 700+ with OOTB port work

Cool, they’re nice heads. I think a couple guys are making 700+ with OOTB port work
My builder just gasket matched my 270s and the Indy max wedge single plane for my low deck 512. My engine is completed just got to pick up a Quick Fuel carb and then head to the Dyno sometime this next week! He got 697 Hp on a 511 with the same cam using 240s. He's confident in 700 Hp prediction for my engine. To be honest I started out wanting around 500 hp... guess we will see. I'm videoing the session and will be posting results.

My builder just gasket matched my 270s and the Indy max wedge single plane for my low deck 512. My engine is completed just got to pick up a Quick Fuel carb and then head to the Dyno sometime this next week! He got 697 Hp on a 511 with the same cam using 240s. He's confident in 700 Hp prediction for my engine. To be honest I started out wanting around 500 hp... guess we will see. I'm videoing the session and will be posting results.
Awesome be sure to post the video, expecting about the same numbers from my ede max wedge set up

Ehh getting close, New engine, trans and rearend. New wheels and wilwoods on all 4 corners. New 4 link out back and rebuilt front suspension. Might get it off the lift by may.

View attachment 564350 View attachment 564351 View attachment 564352 View attachment 564353
how stable is that lift?they r usually 40" or so wide at the floor..does it rock/move around at height?making 1 nervous? .i need something other than my creeper/jackstands/and medical card!i have a single story shop so a 2 post in not a consideration..but safty is..i like my car but don't want to die under it.to remove the rear tires I have to drop the rearend down with jack stands placed under frame rails..a real pain.. .thanks..

how stable is that lift?they r usually 40" or so wide at the floor..does it rock/move around at height?making 1 nervous? .i need something other than my creeper/jackstands/and medical card!i have a single story shop so a 2 post in not a consideration..but safty is..i like my car but don't want to die under it.to remove the rear tires I have to drop the rearend down with jack stands placed under frame rails..a real pain.. .thanks..
I do the same to remove install my rear tires, the lift helps out a lot with that. Stability is fine I never worried once while underneath the car while on the lift. This may sound crazy but my buddy has a 1 car single story garage with a 2 post lift. He cut 2 holes in the roof and ran pvc up through it (capped on the ends) for when the car is on the lift, never leaked never any issues.

I do the same to remove install my rear tires, the lift helps out a lot with that. Stability is fine I never worried once while underneath the car while on the lift. This may sound crazy but my buddy has a 1 car single story garage with a 2 post lift. He cut 2 holes in the roof and ran pvc up through it (capped on the ends) for when the car is on the lift, never leaked never any issues.
thanks..do those arms rotate in also? my backhalfed '63's frame rails r at appx 32"..all the 1's I see on ebay swing out..but nothing about swinging in..the frames on those r at appx 40" also lift point..and the arms attach on the inside and use the frame as a lever/stable point..thus my question about swinging in..I probably should have bought a more main stream car!lol..

thanks..do those arms rotate in also? my backhalfed '63's frame rails r at appx 32"..all the 1's I see on ebay swing out..but nothing about swinging in..the frames on those r at appx 40" also lift point..and the arms attach on the inside and use the frame as a lever/stable point..thus my question about swinging in..I probably should have bought a more main stream car!lol..
Yes it actually does swing in, also slide back and forth, we have another car on it right now but I’ll be over there this weekend and can get some measurements for you if you’d like. Shoot me a pm and remind me if you need them.

Yes it actually does swing in, also slide back and forth, we have another car on it right now but I’ll be over there this weekend and can get some measurements for you if you’d like. Shoot me a pm and remind me if you need them.
check this 1 out..they say the arms rotate 360 degrees..only problem is I have heard that u have to make ramps to clear them and to park your car on it..could possibly jam yp the shop..i guess its a trade off 1 way or another...creeper or lift....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Heavy-Duty...650061&hash=item5201b58701:g:1MQAAOSwTdpZb9LT

Hmmm.. :realcrazy:

5BD98F11-9AF3-4D97-981E-C106EEE627E0.jpeg

Rut Roh shaggy, no more 6bbl {?} that's the RR I assume

it looks nice thou :thumbsup:

Dominator is actually for my dads dart, I’m just gonna get it close on the roadrunner first. Then I’m going back to the mechanical six pack. Thinking about making use of that clutch pedal again also.

Dominator is actually for my dads dart, I’m just gonna get it close on the roadrunner first. Then I’m going back to the mechanical six pack. Thinking about making use of that clutch pedal again also.
Keep us posted :thumbsup:

glad you're sticking with the 6bbl too,
someone that knows what he's doing

Auto Transport Service
Back