• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

anybody here using eddy ESTREET heads? 75cc?

Stegs

Local time
9:12 AM
Reaction score
looking to purchase a set of heads for my 440. It was rebuilt with fairly low compression (sub 9.1:1)

looking at getting a set of these heads, suppose to bring my compression up 1 full point, so i should be in the mid 9.x:1

just looking to get some feedback.....i think even tho they are "base" heads, they will still flow way more than stock 906 heads for sure.

I plan on adding a new cam as well, but want to hear about the estreet heads

I'm considering the same heads but am wondering if the valve seats are a concern since they are different than the rpm's.

Read this and maybe it will help you decide, maybe not. There's also a good write up on the Hot Rod network. I had to make the same choice and went with the RPM's but cost might be more of a consideration to you. I always believe "build it stronger and it will last" The interesting part of the write up states that they were made to compete with
Chinese knock-offs but to me that's a ridiculous reason to design heads. I doubt they'd be any better or worse regardless of weather they were on a Mopar, GM or Ford.

http://forums.corral.net/forums/5-0-5-8-engine-tech/1289031-warning-edelbrock-e-street-heads.html

Reading thru that article i see it was written in 2011...7 years ago

May have been some fairly new products for edelbrock, im sure by now they are alot better. The thing that gets me is the cost. Obviously there is some differences between them and 1600 dollar heads.....but for my car, which is used as a cruiser, and go to the ice cream joint on sunday....so is it worth double?

I just need the 75cc heads to boost my compression, but also flowing alot better than factory iron heads....i think in my case, they are perfect. I dont race, i dont abuse or beat on my car....just looking for a peppy street cruiser.

I do plan on adding a new cam, but nothing big.....voodoo 268/276 cam that will work fine with those heads and still leave plenty of vac for my brakes

I run the 75cc EStreet heads and voodoo cam on my 74 Charger with original 400 in it. It's also just a cruiser and runs fine on 89 octane pump gas. I don't drive it a ton so I typically put 92/93 octane gas in there though. After talking with Lunati, Edelbrock and TTI, I found the best combo for my tastes was the EStreet 75cc heads, Performer intake, Lunati 702 voodoo cam and TTI exhaust with stock HP manifolds. Really like it. Only issue I had that I deviated from recommendations was to change a 650 Edelbrock carb to a 750 Holley. I don't think it was a Edelbrock/Holley thing, just never could get all the bog or lean condition out. I had a spare 750 Holley in garage and now running great. By the way, Lunati suggested not to go with the 703 cam your looking at if I didn't plan on running a stall converter and headers. Since we're both in West Michigan, you could check it out sometime once I get it back out.

Reading thru that article i see it was written in 2011...7 years ago

May have been some fairly new products for edelbrock, im sure by now they are alot better. The thing that gets me is the cost. Obviously there is some differences between them and 1600 dollar heads.....but for my car, which is used as a cruiser, and go to the ice cream joint on sunday....so is it worth double?

I just need the 75cc heads to boost my compression, but also flowing alot better than factory iron heads....i think in my case, they are perfect. I dont race, i dont abuse or beat on my car....just looking for a peppy street cruiser.

I do plan on adding a new cam, but nothing big.....voodoo 268/276 cam that will work fine with those heads and still leave plenty of vac for my brakes
Well I suppose if you're only going to the ice cream shop a change in plans are due. Your old cast heads would probably do the job if they were shaved but to run newer aluminum heads you will have to change the intake so the port sizes between the heads and manifold match. Trust me, unless you call, I doubt the E-Street heads have changed much and they are what they are, for the price and market placement. May be worse for all I know. Keep me posted. In all honesty, if you want better response, better mileage and near perfect starting, forget new heads and install a TBI unit. Much better bang for the buck and a decent unit like FiTech is under a grand, a bit more for the power adder cell. It also has a bit of a "built in" future in case the ice cream shop burns down and you need to go to one out of town or you up your horsepower later on.

it's my understanding the 75cc heads don't flow as good as the 84cc due to the intake valve being shrouded by the small chamber.

x2 on the FI
get some quench if you really want it to run right
how far down the hole are your pistons
X2 on the smaller cam without low gears and a converter

I run the 75cc EStreet heads and voodoo cam on my 74 Charger with original 400 in it. It's also just a cruiser and runs fine on 89 octane pump gas. I don't drive it a ton so I typically put 92/93 octane gas in there though. After talking with Lunati, Edelbrock and TTI, I found the best combo for my tastes was the EStreet 75cc heads, Performer intake, Lunati 702 voodoo cam and TTI exhaust with stock HP manifolds. Really like it. Only issue I had that I deviated from recommendations was to change a 650 Edelbrock carb to a 750 Holley. I don't think it was a Edelbrock/Holley thing, just never could get all the bog or lean condition out. I had a spare 750 Holley in garage and now running great. By the way, Lunati suggested not to go with the 703 cam your looking at if I didn't plan on running a stall converter and headers. Since we're both in West Michigan, you could check it out sometime once I get it back out.

that would be awesome! im up in the grand haven area. We should meet up when the weather turns better!

it's my understanding the 75cc heads don't flow as good as the 84cc due to the intake valve being shrouded by the small chamber.

I need the 75cc to bump my compression. My engine builder "misunderstood" me when i said a stock rebuild. He ended up putting in some flat top pistons, using stock heads and a cam that is 2 steps down from the original cam. The engine runs good, but its basically a motorhome 440. We figured the compression around 8.7:1 right now.

The 75cc heads should bump me 1 full point..or around there....so i should be around 9.5:1

The cam he chose is a elgin cam, 2 steps down from the original. Its a turd of a cam.

The intake is a edelbrock, not a rpm intake.

It wasnt done like i hoped.....so now instead of tearing it all apart again....im leaning towards 75cc heads to bump my compression and flow. using a RPM intake, and going with a 268/276 cam to wake up the motor.
I do have a holley 750 on there now.

I had the car dyno tuned last fall just to see what it did. It made i think about 225 hp to the wheels. Not exactly the 440 i was hoping for.

Talked to another engine builder that knows mopars, he suggested these parts. He did a build very similar to mine a few years ago....he said that motor with headers made well over 400HP, he thought it was closer to 475. Perfect "hot cruiser" Enough power to have fun, but not enough to break stuff/

looking to purchase a set of heads for my 440. It was rebuilt with fairly low compression (sub 9.1:1)

looking at getting a set of these heads, suppose to bring my compression up 1 full point, so i should be in the mid 9.x:1

just looking to get some feedback.....i think even tho they are "base" heads, they will still flow way more than stock 906 heads for sure.

I put 75cc Estreet heads on my 440 for the same reason...needed to raise the compression on a motorhome 440 in my altered wheelbase street car...pistons were almost .180 down in the hole. I used early 440 sealed power forged pistons which had a taller compression height, and stock type mopar steel shim head gaskets.....car has been on the street for 3 or so years now and runs good. I don't beat it and don't remember the cam specs but it sounds awesome and runs good with an aluminum intake and a 750 Holley. I don't remember what i ended up with for compression...but was hoping for around 10 to 1.

I put 75cc Estreet heads on my 440 for the same reason...needed to raise the compression on a motorhome 440 in my altered wheelbase street car...pistons were almost .180 down in the hole. I used early 440 sealed power forged pistons which had a taller compression height, and stock type mopar steel shim head gaskets.....car has been on the street for 3 or so years now and runs good. I don't beat it and don't remember the cam specs but it sounds awesome and runs good with an aluminum intake and a 750 Holley. I don't remember what i ended up with for compression...but was hoping for around 10 to 1.

I dont have the part number in front of me right now, but i remember they were silvo lite pistons. Flat tops. I do remember there was 2 different options. A taller piston and a shorter piston. I went with the taller which was suppose to give me 9.5:1 compression. But with the 906 heads and standard gasket its more like 8.7:1 or around there. They were not performance pistons, just standard flat top silvo lite...

Its time to make the switch i think. Those estreet heads will flow more than the 906's, boost my compression and with a better performance cam, and rpm intake....should wake up my car nicely

I dont have the part number in front of me right now, but i remember they were silvo lite pistons. Flat tops. I do remember there was 2 different options. A taller piston and a shorter piston. I went with the taller which was suppose to give me 9.5:1 compression. But with the 906 heads and standard gasket its more like 8.7:1 or around there. They were not performance pistons, just standard flat top silvo lite...

Its time to make the switch i think. Those estreet heads will flow more than the 906's, boost my compression and with a better performance cam, and rpm intake....should wake up my car nicely

Yes....mine were the taller of the two 440 pistons, and just a stock type piston....not a race piston...pressed on rod. I bought mine from Sealed Power in a rebuild kit...sounds like the same pistons. car runs great on regular or mid-grade gasoline. go for it!!!

Yes....mine were the taller of the two 440 pistons, and just a stock type piston....not a race piston...pressed on rod. I bought mine from Sealed Power in a rebuild kit...sounds like the same pistons. car runs great on regular or mid-grade gasoline. go for it!!!

yep my car runs great on 87 gas, but i always ran 93 just to be safe. It will idle all day in traffic and wont overheat. It did 5 WOT pulls on the dyno before it got over 220 degrees.

It does sound like we have the same pistons.... I did send a email off to 440 source last night to get their opinion on heads to see what they offer.....but i like the idea of these e street heads as i can reuse alot of the parts of my 906 heads, and they will still allow for that voodoo cam

Ill see what 440 source has to say/recommend. Then I think i will sell off a few guns to free up some cash for go fast(er) parts LOL

Sorry, late to the game but I like ether the idea of purchasing them bare and fill with better/best parts for your build and cam OR get the rpm head and check before installing. Re-equip with recommended springs from cam manufacturer if needed.

I did it to my Valiant for the same reason with a .027 gasket. Compression helped and I can run our crappy 91 octane winter blend premium if I don't get the timing to high.

Sorry, late to the game but I like ether the idea of purchasing them bare and fill with better/best parts for your build and cam OR get the rpm head and check before installing. Re-equip with recommended springs from cam manufacturer if needed.

What work has to be done with bare castings?

you absolutely have to check stem to guide celerance
a stuck valve tags a piston or bends valve stems, bent pushrods also
while they are out OD hone the valve stems
some of them have the finish of a file
you can hand blend the bottom cuts if you wish, then touch up the valve job
If you use a bottom cut then do that b 4 blending
check the retainer to seal if using a high lift cam
and as said above check the springs if using a cam close to the spring spec
what kind of seals do they come with
Mopar's run hot on the center two exhausts- viton seals are a good cheap upgrade
I knurl the valve guides to provide better oiling then finish
your call
not just on e-streets- even more so on the imports and even on the high buck stuff
cheers

Suggestion - If your're going through the effort to do this, don't leave any low hanging fruit on the tree.

Decide now what you want in the cam, or very close. Then work back to the maximum compression ratio/cylinder pressure. Pick a head gasket, and mill the head to the ideal (max) compression ratio you can get by with. Mill the intake surface as needed taking into account any paper you might want to use.

I think the 75 cc head is probably the right place to start.

Auto Transport Service
Back