• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody Still Have a Set of Original Keys?

I have originals with the code tag for my 64 Fury. (They are like brand new.)
I did have the original key for my 78 Dodge pickup that I sold last year. I bought it in 1987, and was my daily driver for many years, racking up 290K miles. I carried that key in my pocket for 30 years, and it was worn very smooth and thin!

I just happen to have 3 sets, 2 for my 300 and 1 for my Hippy van. 1 of the 300 key sets still has the dealers leather case that they came with, that set sits in safe keeping!

Yeah, the price is crazy but they are cool & NOS ain't growing on trees so if you want them ya gotta pay the price....

KIMG1606.JPG

Original keys and keychain, bought from the original owner. Gas Cap key and security key were added by him in the '70s.

I put the TRW and Anthrax keyrings on their and spare keys for my F350.

I have both sets of original keys for my '69 Super Bee, and still use them both. Decided not to cut any new keys for the Bee, the originals have all those years of wear on them kind of like "key patina". That "patina" is damn near ALL from my own hands, and from being in my own pocket over all those years (48+). Didn't seem right to cut new keys and "erase" my own history from the keys to my car. These keys just "feel right" when I've got them in my hand.

Main set is on the right and are worn more than the secondary set on the left.
PB120055.JPG

Last edited:
Yep, and the key for the ignition cylinder I installed in 1982 after the car was stolen.

Maybe I’ll re key it to match one day......

Cliff Ramsdell
63562F93-300C-484C-95E6-51B7896A68FA.jpeg

Yes. Both sets. Right from the dealership with their own company key chain + locking gas cap key . From 1970. Zeck Dodge Leavenworth Kansas. Anybody ever hear of them. Met Dan Zeck when I picked up my car. From the original owner.

keys.JPG Zeck Motors0001.jpg

Bob Miller kept the originals for Baby Blue when he sold her to me in 1983. When I bought her back four owners later in 2013, Bob pulled them out of his pocket when I had my back turned, and used them to start the car. Freaked out both me and the seller!

I believe this is the original ignition key to my 70 Road Runner, or at least this is an old copy. (The trunk key is a new copy.)

Note how short it is. Before I got the car, the tip must have broken off and is in the ignition cylinder. It was just one of those cool little unique "identity" items on my car, so when I restored it, I left it in the ignition cylinder. I had the door locks keyed to accept the shorter key as well.

20211113_082502.jpg

After reading all the great info posted on this thread, was the square ignition / door key a 68 only thing? Or was it just for cars with the dash mounted ignition?

Got the original keys from my very first car at 14 years old, a 1960 Ford Fairlane, and still have the key from my Mattel V-room bike motor (anybody remember those?)
32A8D843-8D05-4B09-B9BD-A688D6F1F8B4.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back