• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody Still Have a Set of Original Keys?

I do/did....I made copies so I wouldn't "loose" the originals. I know where the copies are but lost the originals... they are around here someplace but haven't seen them in 15 years.

I trust you. Why would you lie about a thing like that?
Penguin came with the Cuda when Uncle Bill owned it.

IMG_20211111_195853424.jpg IMG_20211111_200925153.jpg

Absolutely, Have both sets along with the original keys for the locked gas cap. Didn't know that gas cap locks were an option on '70 cars until I saw it on the build sheet for this car. Gas very cheap in '70, maybe 23 cents/gal. I think locking gas caps were probably for vandalism prevention back than.
CIMG1525.JPG

it occurs to me,
that i have at least 2 tubs full of keys,and some are original mopar keys that span over 40 years.....lots actually..
if anyone knows how to rekey the locks,id give them up just to see them get used?
is that even feasible??
lmk,cheers.
If I understand correctly, 67 keys might be different from 66, certainly from 68. Something to do with the longitudinal grooves. Guess I could get around to checking some of the keys I have. Hope someone can refute or confirm, or correct. Have a locksmith here that still is able to get these keys cut correctly.

Thanks 69, those may be copies on the newer blanks. I have a couple of sets of those for mine. Does anyone know when they went away from the square ignition key?[/QUOTE]
The upper set is my 69 Coronet and the lower key is my 76 Power Wagon, don't know for sure if they are original or not but they look old and worn.
IMG_3003.JPG

I did find the key to my 59 Ford 100 that I had in high school and I think it is original but not positive.
IMG_3004.JPG

The keys changed shape from the early 60’s to the later 60’s. Would like to find blanks for the one I posted.

I like the Ford key with your story but I don't have permission to reply or like your post @69 Sleeper Bee
I had a lot of good times driving Mom and Dad’s 57 Meteor. Handled better than my first car a 58 Delray, not as good as a Mopar. Meteor and Delray were sixes, Meteor had a higher top end. Delray had more cubes.

I do/did....I made copies so I wouldn't "loose" the originals. I know where the copies are but lost the originals... they are around here someplace but haven't seen them in 15 years.
Put them in a safe place right?
If I had a dime for every time I have done that.....
Age my friend, age.

I had a lot of good times driving Mom and Dad’s 57 Meteor. Handled better than my first car a 58 Delray, not as good as a Mopar. Meteor and Delray were sixes, Meteor had a higher top end. Delray had more cubes.
I love the model names from yonder years.

I believe the keys to my '69 Super Bee to be original. There my avatar, along w/ the code tag.

Auto Transport Service
Back