• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody's home track going to be running this year?

That's good news. Lvms is my nearest track when in Arizona. I doubt either of my local southern california tracks will be open this summer. (I'm midway between Fontana and Irwindale).

I grew up in that area, San Dimas Ca.

That's good news. Lvms is my nearest track when in Arizona. I doubt either of my local southern california tracks will be open this summer. (I'm midway between Fontana and Irwindale).

I grew up in that area, San Dimas Ca.
I'm on the other side of the fairground from there, in claremont. I used to drive the racecar the four or five miles to Pomona for the street legals, then head out to in-n-out with my Ford buddies (yeah, I know....) after the races were over. The GOOD old days!

I raced at the Street legals at Pomona way back in '97 - man that was a long time ago! I think it would be cool to have some Ford racing buddies, out here at the local brackets it's 95% chevy, 4 % Mopar and the only Fords are small block Chevy powered Mustangs? Which In-N-Out - the one in La Verne on Foothill? A couple pics from the street legals -

459535_163501247112559_1918575811_o.jpg

14390661_10208504797670684_1608873268989708583_n.jpg

Yep, thats the one! We still go to that in-n-out once a month together after the car shows at the Nhra museum at the fairgrounds . Its a really nice show, first wednesday of the month. Great excuse to get a great burger, ( as if i need an excuse).
Sorry to say, I was slower than my ford buddies till I got my cortina running. Strangly, considering how popular mustangs are, all my buddies drove fairlanes. My 62 was good for low elevens, two buddies with 67s with 514s, mid tens, and one 66 with a 408 windsor, good for high tens.
I drove mine, they towed.

Last edited:
Gulfport Dragway should be running by the end of this month!
:thumbsup: :bananadance::confederateflag::usflag::steering:
:monkeyleft:COVID-19:icon_fU:
Screenshot_20200518-213823_Chrome.jpg

Wasn’t to happy with the cars performance, and I continue to have an electrical gremlin somewhere. Pulled into the water box on the 2nd pass with the volt guage reading 11.5-ish. So I only made two passes. Beginning to think the voltage regulator is the culprit???

anyway, car was off its number a little, but was deadly consistent running 11.288 @ 117.88 & 11.287 @ 117.87! I’ll take it. For 1st time out, I was decent at the tree: .018 & .029. If I could bottle that up, I’d be dangerous. 1st race is the 30th. I’ll have this electrical deal figured out by then.
F#$k Covid.... Let’s go racing!

Ran a track rental race yesterday. 24 car self funded purse. $250 buy in. But 2k to win 1k r/u, 350 semis. Ran 1.30, 5.81@119, 9.13@148. Went out 1st rd .009 b/o. Bought back in and made it to the 3rd rd before tire spin ended my racing. Kept testing and eventually got it to hook, though slow 1.31 60ft. Belive it or not the M/T 10.5wx31 dead hooked with 15 psi. R/T were ok .031 average. On real positive note the race organizer came over and asked if I can runVP C12. Told him if I mix a little. He asked what I needed. Told him C14, but why? He said for winning last years championship they have a 55 gallon drum for me. Looks like Dragway 42 next week, followed by National Trail the next weekend.
Doug

Mid America Dragway was open this weekend in Ark City, KS. Heard they had 180 cars on Saturday!

Looks like my local 1/8 mile , irwindale will be open first week in June, fontana not till July, lvms who knows. Not willing to have ANYTHING to do with faceschmuck makes getting news difficult.

Supposedly Sacramento Raceway is still for sale
Dave Smith owner since 1970
been for sale for like 3+ years now

allegedly it's closed until July tentative opening dates
July 8th street legal drags, looks like everything for June is cancels
has a damn line thru the listings
http://sacramentoraceway.com/
who freaken' knows with this overreach on the
Wuhan Flu Chinese/Corona/Covid-19 pandemic BS

Infineon/Sonoma Raceway
looks like it will open too

hit & miss on the schedule