• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody's home track going to be running this year?

I wonder if the tracks in California being closed would earn someone a pass for street racing?
:D

When my local 1/8th, irwindale, closed down a few rears ago, (owner bankruptcy) and then re-opened, it was a zoo, everybody just happy to have a track again. I wonder, considering it's california, what this re-opening will be like. Paranoia , or just a bunch of race-starved racers like me.

I'd like to know how far you guys travel to get to a track?? My closest track is almost 90 miles one way..............

I'd like to know how far you guys travel to get to a track?? My closest track is almost 90 miles one way..............
Well, in the nineties my nearest track was four miles (pomona fairgrounds, winternationals), but only open for two national events a year. The only other tracks were carlsbad , in dago (almost) around 110 miles, or lacr, antelope valley, after i got on the freeway only one signal light between me and the track, but it was eighty miles away.
Now when i'm home in california, irwindale 1/8 mile runs every thursday, and some saturday and sunday (when california is unlocked that is) about 15 miles one way, auto club fontana 1/4 , is about 20 miles the other way. Home in arizona, the nearest is las vegas, about 125 one way. The river is about a mile away. Maybe i need a fast boat?

Last edited:
View attachment 944589
I was hoping to attend MapleGroves Mopar event on Sat July 18th...
NOTE, this WAS their 2020 schedule, prior to CV.

Why would they schedule the Mopar Madness event 1 week after (Chrysler's) at Carlisle. That's just bad planning. No one who goes to Carlisle is going to the Mopar Madness event only couple days later. Last year it was in late September maybe October I don't remember, but I went!

RacewayPark closed down a few years ago :BangHead: so now I have Island or Atco. An hour and a half either way....Maple grove is 2 hours.

FE2B1177-2460-43E5-8F81-321D360FEA2B.jpeg
Why would they schedule the Mopar Madness event 1 week after (Chrysler's) at Carlisle. That's just bad planning. No one who goes to Carlisle is going to the Mopar Madness event only couple days later. Last year it was in late September maybe October I don't remember, but I went!

Well, I guess this is good news!
The Mopar event is rescheduled to October 17th.

I wonder if the tracks in California being closed would earn someone a pass for street racing?
:D
I highly doubt it... :nutkick:

a ticket is a ticket, to most of them
speed contest or exhibition of speed, is a whopper too

I know quite a few LEO's up here, Co. Sheriff, CHP, city Police, Game wardens
all in my little community, they are all Car, Jeep/4x4 & Truck guys too
they let me slide a tad :lowdown:
hell some instigate the crap :D
they even egg me on :poke:

I think they're trying to get me in trouble :rolleyes:

out of respect for my neighbors,
I don't "do ****" around here

my beat runs are away from the area
not enough room anyway, too narrow, too many hills & sharp turns
crap all over the road or rough roads, to do a good 1/4 or 1/8th hard pass

it is fun to drive thou :lol:

I just tried to find out anything about my local tracks, irwindale and Fontana (auto club dragway) by phone. Neither would tell me anything on the recorded message, except check their website or facef#<k.
Since I absolutely refuse to join facef#<k, or give AAA cookie permission , they won't tell me anything either.
F#<k em, and F#<k california too!

I've heard my local track (150 miles one way) won't be open this year. The next closest track for me will be about 400 miles one way and may be open around mid July.

There were several test & tune + bracket racing nights that Gulfport Dragway had scheduled over the last month, but a couple got rained out. I heard that there were hundreds of cars at a race recently here.
Tonight was so "alive" at the track, everyone happy just to be out!
Fun night, and my friend cut the fastest time (9.8) and highest mph (139) twice tonight in his car that he's been working the bugs out of and trying not to make so many mistakes.
I didn't bring the Roadrunner or GTO or race, but I had a lot of fun.
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopa...st-and-tune-and-bracket-racing-packed.195826/

Some great news. My local track will be opening up next month. There will be 3 2-day race meets commencing August 15/16. Half the season is better than nothing and my high rpm flatspot appears to be fixed. Looking forward to getting back at it and I think the only problem ahead is staying out of the 9's.

IMG_3397.jpg

IMG_3300.jpg

If 9's are a problem I have a new set of Hoosier 29.5 X 11.5W's ready to bolt on. With 3 more inches of rollout I expect them to slow the car some. 15.2" cross width. Pretty much max for old gold.
59044780643__229063B7-DCC5-4A55-AA08-1A89BFAEAC19.JPG

My local 1/8 mile track is now scheduling t and t events on the weekend, for participants and crew only, no spectators. No resumption of the weekly Thursday t and t yet. I had asked for " permission" to come to the race on 8/1 (you have to apply to come by email) but I got an infection and couldn't go.
Next race is this coming sunday, but I will be out of town, fetching a new puppy.
What struck me is that the thursday t n t was $30 to race, up from $20, and ten bucks to spectate or crew. The crew is now $20, and it is now $100 to race, if you are lucky enough to get an invite! I guess they are trying to recover their losses as quickly as possible, going after that free stimulus money.

My friends went again tonight.
I had to pass, paperwork pays for the toys...

My home track will be going Aug 15/16. Spectators limited to 150. Hoping for good weather, good air and a good weekend.

1BE1E571-56AA-4A9C-BB31-03E03C4794A9.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back