• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody's home track going to be running this year?

Malex, how are they getting away with that considering "gatherings" are still limited to 100 people? Participant #'s probably already put it to the test... maybe protesting fuel costs! LOL

Malex, how are they getting away with that considering "gatherings" are still limited to 100 people? Participant #'s probably already put it to the test... maybe protesting fuel costs! LOL
---
SHA rules are obviously different than in your province, a total of 150 spectators, not including car and crew. And you can bet I'm not gonna be rocking the boat neither.

well our track is ripped out . They laid the first 60' or so from the tower to just past the water box today . Track will be full 1/4 mile concrete this time instead of half concrete/bituman .
At the moment hoping for late Sept before good to go , if weather is agreeable . Looking at 2-3" of rain over the next 3 or 4 days .
Really missing the good weather this time of year , at 10.00am this morning the track DA was -354ft

Tex

well our track is ripped out . They laid the first 60' or so from the tower to just past the water box today . Track will be full 1/4 mile concrete this time instead of half concrete/bituman .
At the moment hoping for late Sept before good to go , if weather is agreeable . Looking at 2-3" of rain over the next 3 or 4 days .
Really missing the good weather this time of year , at 10.00am this morning the track DA was -354ft

Tex
---
Going to be a nice surface to race on when it's done and that negative air is amazing.

---
Going to be a nice surface to race on when it's done and that negative air is amazing.
its been a bit brisk lately Malex , not Canadian brisk though .
If you use facebook go to Sydney Dragway , there is video and updates of trackwork .

Tex

its been a bit brisk lately Malex , not Canadian brisk though .
If you use facebook go to Sydney Dragway , there is video and updates of trackwork .

Tex
—-
I’m going to check that out for sure. The track I went to last month was anything but Canadian brisk. The DA was up to 6000’. Terrible muggy heat. Car hated it too.

Terrible muggy heat.
Lol...
I get to go to a track that's 6 miles off the Gulf of Mexico in South Mississippi:confederateflag:
Spring, Fall, Winter not bad after a cold front has gone through.
About 2 weeks ago, there was a little breeze and the track didn't open until 6pm. Brutal during the day, but not horrible that night.
I'm going to have to start taking those "track weather conditions" measurements you all refer to. I think there's a few apps for that?

Lol...
I get to go to a track that's 6 miles off the Gulf of Mexico in South Mississippi:confederateflag:
Spring, Fall, Winter not bad after a cold front has gone through.
About 2 weeks ago, there was a little breeze and the track didn't open until 6pm. Brutal during the day, but not horrible that night.
I'm going to have to start taking those "track weather conditions" measurements you all refer to. I think there's a few apps for that?
Bio ,
the strip is approx 35/40 miles from the ocean , 3/400 actual elevation? at the bottom of the Blue Mountains . Heat in summer just pools there , cold in winter comes down and from the Snowy Mountains further south .
We get get some average summer weather , 125 grains 105F + . Not sure ive seen much over 4250/4500da . Winter is kind of short , 6-8 weeks , and mostly mild .
And when the westerlies blow , hot / cold , dry and in summer you eat blowflies .

Tex

We raced the SPAM nostalgia drags at Mo-Kan after Ryan cancelled the HAMB drags and track decided to have it anyway. Decent turnout. Ran a personal best quarter mile e.t. of 10.3 @ 130.

Screenshot_20200823-172504~2.png

I was thinking of going back to california and taking my Savoy to the two day race this weekend at irwindale. What gave me pause, was the $100 t-n-t price. Then I got a call from my Cali neighbor, telling me that it was gonna be 110-115 there this weekend. I can't do that kind of heat at the races anymore. It's gonna be 120 here this weekend, but I don't have to go out in it wearing a heavy jacket and long pants. Just have to go out a few times to play ball with my German shedder. She insists!

German shedder
LOL!
I have had training and certification for dog nutrition, and afterwards did a lot of deep dives on the topic to further my knowledge. I feed my 3 Lab mix rescues a high quality diet, that's reasonably priced.
Still, there are piles of hair so large that I could name, depending on the timespan between collection events...
Oh, and Sue E Pig has about a 10 day span when she loses her long, coarse cold weather hair, goes to almost all skin, and then comes back with a "drill sergeant" coat of hair. That long hair loss makes my floor look like a few dozen paint brushes got clipped and tossed on the floor.

We are running the #MoparVsBrandXstreetcarShowdown 10/10/2020! 10am at Jakes Dragstrip Moulton, AL

NSSL at sunoco 2.jpg

We are running the #MoparVsBrandXstreetcarShowdown 10/10/2020! 10am at Jakes Dragstrip Moulton, AL

View attachment 997782
I like the concept of the event and said so last year, but this is the 2nd time that you have your races on the biggest day of Cruisin The Coast.
Because of the rules you have, I would not be competitive, because although I have a factory stock located leaf spring suspension, no tubs, my aluminum Rallye wheels allow me to run a 315/35/17 in the stock wheelwells. Your rules limit the "gladiator street" class to 295 size.
*Tires-295 or smaller TREADED Drag Radials.
So I would either have to run narrower tires than I've driven on the street for 3 years, or run against nitrous, turbo, supercharged cars. I also just had a HitMaster manual transmission launch control installed, so unless disabling it would make it OK to run in the GS class, that is another problem.
Once I get my stroker motor installed, that would bring my power output up, but still I'd be running against power adder cars, and that usually would mean I'd be at the low end of the power scale.
Have fun, and I'm glad you are doing this again, but as long as you do this on the same calendar day as the biggest day of Cruisin The Coast, I think you are missing out on some potential competitors.

well they have finished laying the new strip here this week , braking area and turn out asphalt to go . They have entries up for 10th Oct track championship , god knows if they will offer a T&T or enough events to get rubber down between now and then . It will be a right clusterf@#k if they dont . And lets face it it needs about 4 weeks to cure so cutting it fine .

Tex

Auto Transport Service
Back