• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone got a pic of +1" springs on a early b-body?

With my '65 Coronet I moved the springs in to the frame rails and had three front mount heights, one stock, one 1" higher, and one 1" lower. Made almost no difference in ride height and very little change with my spring package for drag racing. The rear shackle length makes much more ride height difference.
I was wondering about the front mount actually changing things much, thanks :)

The thing about +1s, if it ends up too high, you can always put in some lowering blocks.
My 62, with 456/457 super stock springs, and a

Man, this is a bitchin ride and would look great in my garage. :)

Back in the day I used a top quality spring shop to adjust the ride height. It did take a couple of tries, since my first guess was way off and much higher than I expected. Second one was pretty good. It was done without heating, just Big Bob's 24" biceps and a solid vise.

All of my buddies go +1" also. I like them low. My Charger is still stock ride height and I went with -1" on my Challenger since I have 30" tall rear tires.

IMG9517661.jpg

IMG951109.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back